Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im turboing my 90si hatch on saturday...the parts i have for the kit include a fmic...probe turbo set at 8psi 1st gen dsm bov...2inch intercooler piping 3inch dp vafc 440cc injectors...the motor i have is a mini me swap i was wondering how reliable it would be and a around about horse power i will be making thanks alot for the help!!!

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
reliablility comes from the quality of parts used and most importantly the tune. From what you have said, it will blow up before you get to even feel what driving a turboed civic feels like, because you have no fuel management...........

·
Registered
crx and ford ranger
1,000 Posts
reliablility comes from the quality of parts used and most importantly the tune. From what you have said, it will blow up before you get to even feel what driving a turboed civic feels like, because you have no fuel management...........

i have to agree for sure i mean you atleast need a FMU fuel pump something for the fuel or that bitch will blow and why a 3 inch downpipe that is huge for a mini-me it doesnt need anything that big at all

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i got a walbro fuel pump, vafc, and injectors what else do i need i heard fmu's suck

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
i got a walbro fuel pump, vafc, and injectors what else do i need i heard fmu's suck
scrap the vafc and look into chipping your ecu with crome o uberdata. what size injectors do you have?

·
i shoot stuff
2,422 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Get some 440cc injectors, walbro 255 intank fuel pump (get it from tuner toys, they have them cheaper than anywhere else. and use the $5 discount code) and get chipped/tuned on Crome.

If you do all that you'll be looking at a lot more reliability.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i have 440cc injectors with just a vafc i do have a skunk2 chipped p28 but i didnt kno how good it wud work wit the setup

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
i have 440cc injectors with just a vafc i do have a skunk2 chipped p28 but i didnt kno how good it wud work wit the setup
Well, you have the p28, which is a good start. The skunk 2 will not work with your turbo setup b/c it is for NA setups only so it will not have boost tables required for proper FI tuning. Look at the crome directories that were posted and find a tuner in your area. The tuner will most likely be able to socket your ecu if it isnt already (Skunk 2 probably just soldered their chip in without socketing it......). He will tune your car, burn the chip, install it in the ecu and you will be good to go........

·
Registered
183 Posts
Well, you have the p28, which is a good start. Look at the crome directories that were posted and find a tuner in your area. The tuner will most likely be able to socket your ecu if it isnt already (Skunk 2 probably just soldered their chip in without socketing it......). He will tune your car, burn the chip, install it in the ecu and you will be good to go........
Honestly, I doubt its even a real Skunk2 p28. There're so many god damn fakes going around.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Your car is OBD0. So unless you have a conversion harness and an OBD1distro you are assed out. You can chip your stock SI ecu for about $6. All it need is to have the chip in there desoldered and solder a chip in its place. It takes all of 15 minutes. Then you would run Turbo Edit or BRE. Crome and Uberdata are OBD1 rom editors and will not work with that ecu. www.pgmfi.org if you really want some tuning advice.

·
Registered
crx and ford ranger
1,000 Posts
you need to get your ECU chipped to what you have on the car and for the boost that skunk2 chip want work trust me if anything it will quicken the process of blowing up and the vafc is nothing but junk uless you wanna controll the vtec then its aight i guess but ECU chipped is a must an injectors this is my problem with my mini-me turbo in my rex stock injectors and pump = not good power not safe

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Afc is just a hack, you probably want to run turboedit, i think you car is obd0 correct? If so then turbo edit is your option.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts