Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so here is the queastion:
I snapped the intake and was wondering If I brought to the shop where they regrind cams and give them a stock B16 cam, can they regrind that cam to the specs of the broken cam I provided them?

Its a temporary fix. I plan on running it as a daily driver until I buy another cam from comp cams, or buy a set of Skunk2 Pro's.

If you would like the info on my engine

·
Resident Gunsmith & Duracoater
Ranger - work truck
5,467 Posts
they should be able to, i dont see a reason they shouldnt

·
D-series WTF?!?!
Dyno GT Racing Bike
3,674 Posts
AWW fanstastic

Wow. No fucking way dickweed. Im not the only one here that has a B-series engine. Just because I have 2 cams on my head, doesnt mean the same schematics apply to having 1 cam reground, or 2. Think next time before you post.
Very true a few ppl get the Old skool luv if there cool around here man is how they approach us is how the get respect its D-series but still look around closely there is plenty of ppl dat cant speak for themselves and say yeah i may or may not own a Honda or a SOHC D series but i still stick around, ppl have Rx7's Subies, RSX, and how know wat else man but still manage to stick around for good time. Im gonna have to back up homie here:noway:

·
My sig is longer than yours
2,163 Posts
they shoudl be able to man. all they would need is a set of intake and exhaust lobes, get teh specs, and then apply those to the new cam. same as they would if you just sent them your cam and asked them to regrind it , and gave them the stock cam specs

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts
Very true a few ppl get the Old skool luv if there cool around here man is how they approach us is how the get respect its D-series but still look around closely there is plenty of ppl dat cant speak for themselves and say yeah i may or may not own a Honda or a SOHC D series but i still stick around, ppl have Rx7's Subies, RSX, and how know wat else man but still manage to stick around for good time. Im gonna have to back up homie here:noway:
Hey guys,

I don't know how you overreact like that, I was kidding in a serious way that's it. I work often on B series engines, more than D. I like mecanics like honda, VW, mazda, toyota whatever, I don't care about namebrand.

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,871 Posts
i honestly would get a reground stock cam over any billet cam.. what cam did you have?? was it billet?? or alloy??

i would find a place that does regrinds.. give them specs of the cam and i honestly would leave the stock reground cam in there... no point to change it, it wont break

nothing wrong with a b swap... yea this is d-series.. but its all the same in the end.. just because he has 2 cams instead of one.. no reason to hate.

anyways good luck man

1 - 11 of 11 Posts