Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been going thru some changes in my personal life, ended up in a hell of a bind with money and ran up $2500 in credit card debt.

I'm paying close to 25% interest and it's killing me trying to get paid off.

I've started a 2nd job, so the money is coming in and now I want to find a card that has 0% interest for the first x number of months so I can transfer my balance to that card and pay it off with no interest.

Does anyone have recommendations for any such card?

·
Pew Pew!
EJ6
3,509 Posts
If you are unable to find any CC that has such offers available to you. As of right now, I keep getting offers from Discover to transfer over any debt at 0 rates and to have 0 interest for 8 months haha. Odd thing is, my discover card has the highest balance on my of my credit cards. LOL

Your next best bet would to go out and get a loan to pay off your existing debt but of course, that loan MUST have a lower interest rate that your CC.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
check with credit unions some have no balance transfer fee and lower interest rates
Most of my credit card and loan stuff runs through my credit union. Leave all my money in BoA for convenience of ATM's and deposits.

·
Well.......
2,488 Posts
check with credit unions some have no balance transfer fee and lower interest rates
Most of my credit card and loan stuff runs through my credit union. Leave all my money in BoA for convenience of ATM's and deposits.
Go to a credit union and you can get a loan with stupid low interest rate

This all the way.

Credit unions will work with you a lot better than a "traditional" banks, and have better interest rates than a financial or loan only places

·
Registered
844 Posts
I live my life without borrowing anything I would suggest everyone do the same. took nearly 25 years to find that out, But now after 4 years of paying my debt off, paid off the NSX then sold it to then pay off my house (yep 31 with only hoa dues) and now I wouldn't front a blunt. let alone give a CC company my money. & any interest could have been car parts. Credit is only good If you pay it off every month with only a lil to no interest.

Dave Ramsey FTW
Dave Ramsey FTW
Dave Ramsey FTW
Dave Ramsey FTW
Dave Ramsey FTW

he will tell you about the (get another credit card to pay off the older credit card) less than %10 of the time is this a "good" idea

If you have to borrow money... than most likely you shouldn't be spending it. I save for a month or two and BAM it manifest itself

best advice I can give you is:

cut the card up slowly pay it off and live within your means

·
Registered
1997 Civic DX Hatch
983 Posts
only problem with dave ramsey is good luck getting a loan for a house or something when you need it without building credit in the first place.

hes great with paying off your debt and paying for stuff with cash is a much better deal but you have to build credit some how. hell you can rent a place (witch he doesnt like renting either nor do i but if you cant stay put for a few years then its cheaper to rent) without some credit.

·
Pew Pew!
EJ6
3,509 Posts
^^LOLOL

From my own personal experience, union banks has no real difference between major banks.

The only good thing that I see with union banks is that they offer free checkings and savings and slightly higher interest rates within your savings account ONLY if you have a minimum balance of 10,XXX of instead of a 0.01% from big banks, you get 0.05% LOL.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks everyone, tomorrow is my day off so I'll go check out some credit unions.

I live my life without borrowing anything I would suggest everyone do the same. took nearly 25 years to find that out, But now after 4 years of paying my debt off, paid off the NSX then sold it to then pay off my house (yep 31 with only hoa dues) and now I wouldn't front a blunt. let alone give a CC company my money. & any interest could have been car parts. Credit is only good If you pay it off every month with only a lil to no interest.

Dave Ramsey FTW
Dave Ramsey FTW
Dave Ramsey FTW
Dave Ramsey FTW
Dave Ramsey FTW

he will tell you about the (get another credit card to pay off the older credit card) less than %10 of the time is this a "good" idea

If you have to borrow money... than most likely you shouldn't be spending it. I save for a month or two and BAM it manifest itself

best advice I can give you is:

cut the card up slowly pay it off and live within your means
I had an ex leave half way through a lease on an apartment I couldn't come close to affording on my own. I was literally spending 80%+ of my paychecks on rent alone and had to use the credit cards to pay for gas, food, insurance and electricity while I tried to find a place I could stay. If it wasn't for the cards, I would've starved, lost my job or been homeless. Now I'm just trying to get debt-free while spending as little money as possible.

·
Registered
844 Posts
only problem with dave ramsey is good luck getting a loan for a house or something when you need it without building credit in the first place.

hes great with paying off your debt and paying for stuff with cash is a much better deal but you have to build credit some how. hell you can rent a place (witch he doesnt like renting either nor do i but if you cant stay put for a few years then its cheaper to rent) without some credit.
you should look into the easy to follow steps he is constantly preaching about, cause your post is roughly .02% of what he is really about. Also anybody with an average or better IQ can get a house stupid easy...been that way since Clinton(But can they afford to keep it?)

As for Bankruptcy I would doubt he ever has, cause in his early 20's he was already loaded, but IDK. I know I have, just a lil over 10 years ago and it sucked. Then 8 years ago I was in nearly the same boat when I just changed every spending habit and focused on eliminating bills. All while looking a debt as the devil allows me to live a more stress free lifestyle for sure. Trust me I have been there, i just don't care to go back

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,252 Posts
^^^^Lmao..damn right Bone..Obama is giving ppl shit he's knows they can afford...so he'll why not..lol
I have not made a credit card or other debt payment in ten years. Although there is an outstanding collection from July 2009, no one seems to know where I can pay it since that company went out of business.

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
Thanks everyone, tomorrow is my day off so I'll go check out some credit unions.

I had an ex leave half way through a lease on an apartment I couldn't come close to affording on my own. I was literally spending 80%+ of my paychecks on rent alone and had to use the credit cards to pay for gas, food, insurance and electricity while I tried to find a place I could stay. If it wasn't for the cards, I would've starved, lost my job or been homeless. Now I'm just trying to get debt-free while spending as little money as possible.

was she named on the lease? if so, smalls claims court.

I moved out of an apt when I broke up with my then-gf and I still paid my rent...

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,252 Posts
Ramsey's success soon came to an end as the Tax Reform Act of 1986 began to have a negative impact on the real estate business. One of Ramsey's largest creditors was sold to a larger bank, which began to take a harder look at Ramsey's borrowing habits. The bank demanded he pay $1.2 million worth of short-term notes within 90 days, forcing him to file for bankruptcy relief.
Leverage himself in real estate, got called on it, oops.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts