Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ppl. My Civic hosts a 1.6L D16A6 engine with its respective tranny. Since it is the original, it has the 4.25 FD. I would like to know if anyone here knows of someon, anywhere, that has the 4.43 FD found in any application that will fit my combo. I understand the the '90-'93 ZC Acura Integra came with it. Maybe from some other year, I am not sure. If I can't get my hands on one of those, I am going to have to buy the 4.71 ATS FD that sells for over $700. I know of a few people that have found the 4.43 FD that I need, for less than half of that amount.

The 4.43 Final Drive is perfect for the road course tracks where I race, it is a proven fact. Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks...

·
Registered
263 Posts
transzex said:
place in CAli was selling just the 4.437 FD's for $150 + shipping, I no longer have the contact info.
i believe i have seen some on e-bay and such. but they were asking like 600+ for their trannys. try the clossest jdm importer near you. i picked up my D15b for 350. if my diff ends up not working, im just gonna buy one of the stock lsd trannys.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Clutchmaster said:
not to thread hijack but what lsd tranny would fit on my A6
Stock d series cable tranny w/ aftermarket LSD put in it..

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bense said:
just out of curiosity, where did you find the 4.43?
I got it from a group of guys that work with Hondas exclusively in Puerto Rico and they shipped it next day with UPS. They are winning a lot of road races over there and they call that FD "El Diablo", which means "The Devil". But they also mess around with swapping things like 3rd and 4th gear ratios in addition to the final drive. I wouldn't be surprised if they even did Cryogenics hardening treatment on them to make them last longer. But they said its a winner anyway. It's a shame that :honda: does not make them any more (I think). If :honda: sells it, it would be in Japan and pretty expensive.

Oh, by the way... I think they have a couple more of those in case you are interested. And I think my team has two in our shop in reserve.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,312 Posts
try smaller tires, cheaper.

going from 23" tall tire to a 20" tall tire makes a 4.25 FD feel like a 4.88 FD

·
Registered
263 Posts
SCCRules said:
I've been lookin at FD gears for my D16Y8... I can't seem to find any though. I'm just tryin to accelerate a little faster. lol.
you havent been looking very hard. honda tech had that huge special. they were selling fd's for 400 SHIPPED for d-series of all sorts. but its over, i think they have a promo on honda hook up for the same price... unless you go to infinitudeautoracing.com and pay $590 for them. hahaha. up to you

transzex said:
try smaller tires, cheaper.going from 23" tall tire to a 20" tall tire makes a 4.25 FD feel like a 4.88 FD
hahaha, put some 13" slicks on your stock steelies! :IHI:

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,312 Posts
I've got 20 Hoosier slicks, 20-20.5" tall for 13" rims, plus two sets of MT drag slicks..........

and a set of 175/50/13's on stock steelies.

Geared for the win!

·
Registered
91 CRX Si
4,454 Posts
I plan on getting some 205/50-14 drag radials this spring for my CRX. I think their right at 22" as opposed to my 23" I have right now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts