Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
same
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm such a n00b at this and I need to sell some parts so can someone tell me what info to give to the buyer so they can send me money through paypal? Looked and didn't get any real info

·
Registered
HONDA
1,221 Posts
You give the buyer the email associated with your PayPal account that is all

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
You make a paypal account.
Connect it to your bank account.
Get the paypal debit card.
Then you give the buyer your email address.
When they send money to you there will be a fee (normally 2% of total amount sent, could be lower or a bit higher)
They choice if they pay the fee or if it comes out of your money. ( tell them to pay this fee).
Youthen vet money in your account.
Use the debbit card to spend cash, or tranfer it to your bank and wait 3 to 5 days for it to hit.

·
Registered
same
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok sounds good. Thanks guys. Got my bank account linked this morning. Have had one forever but it was always to but stuff. Have never sent money before. Thanks all.

·
DIY Guru
96 Ranger-stock
637 Posts
Get the business account, they you can accept credit/debit cards

The fee now a days is 3.5%

Link and verify a checking account. I would also suggest you go to a different bank/Credit union and open a "Paypal" account to link to, this way if hacked or spoofed, they can only do so much damage and your primary account will be safe.

Also use the print shipping on paypal, that way tracking is added automatically to the transaction they offer UPS and USPS.

You can order USPS Priority mail, and flat rate boxes for free and have them delivered in your mail for FREE

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,252 Posts
With my business account and Paypal debit card, if nothing is in my account and I swipe my PP card, I still get 1% cash back and it is deducted from my link checking account which I keep a low balance in.

I can fit up local ATM to make a cash deposit and then make purchase using PP card....oh like the $2000+ this month in transmissions parts from Synchrotech.

I don't mess with the credit card option for payments...

·
Registered
same
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good call. I'm gonna get the paypal debit card then. Sweet!

·
Registered
94 Integra
1,225 Posts
Keep in mind if you send via "Gift" you pay the fees so the buyer gets exactly what he wanted; HOWEVER, you will have zero recourse if you're buying his part & something goes wrong. Always put in the notes who it's to (screen names of the forum user) and what it's for. You can also create an invoice that the other person can pay at any time. Another cool thing is you can pay for shipping directly & print out a shipping label in 3 steps, plus you get a discount on the shipping amount.

I should probably check the points on my PP card. I've bought all my business parts/supplies with it but haven't looked into it.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Gift is for just that GIFTING. NEVER buy/pay using gift....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts