Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Crv
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and gals. I've done a full bottom end rebuild on the y7. The pull and tear down wasn't so bad for a hatch with 173xxx on the dash. Everything went back together no problem and install was flawless. lol. Car turns over and runs just like it did before I egged the old crank. The new problem is when you start spinning higher rpm's let's say around 3,500 it runs great! Anything after that is power loss and around 4,500- 6k it starts spuddering and "carb farts" bad. It will soak the spark plugs and start missing until that unused gas gets burnt off. Everything was put back in the right spot I think....I've looked around to see if anything is apparent but all looks good..please help me

·
Registered
2005 Crv
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes sir. to be honest it was triple checked because I, was unsure about it cause I wasn't the one who initially did it. but it purrs like it did before any of the rebuild. it just loses all midrange power and it's almost like I have crazy Vavle float at high rpm. I'll post a link to a video ill make in a little while to see if it helps narrows this down.

·
Registered
2005 Crv
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Btw. Car is bone bone stock. Stock header with catalytic attached and everything. the only "mod" is the IM and intake side of the head has been ported a little. Really just cleaned it up. But its the loudest intake I've ever heard on a civic or any other 4 banger. Js

·
Registered
2005 Crv
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
pulled the intake manifold back off. was some debris in the coolant Channel. runs a little smoother and idols up a little faster but it still wont rev past 6000 rpm. I know it has a factory rev limiter around 6k but before rebuild you catch 2nd & 3rd gear to run it all the way up to about 7,100 rpm

·
Registered
2005 Crv
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It kind of sounds like the vtec lobes on the cam aren't engaging. I think there is a mesh filter on the vtec solenoid, maybe that is clogged up...?

The only thing is it's non Vtec. Lol. Y7 block and head. I know it sounds like a crossover in one of the videos but I promise its non V! Thanks for your input!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Typically (you don't mention what year/car you have so I can't tell you where it is) there is a 2 pin connector somewhere on the car that you install a jumper in to prevent the ECU from changing the timing while you adjust the distributor.

·
Registered
2005 Crv
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It's a 99 DX. Just went and advanced the timing all the way......I've freaking built motors...... that's why I'm ashamed to admit that I'm one whole tooth retarded.....must been having a little to much "fun" that night. Lol. I'll post some updates in a few days. Thank you for all your help!

·
Registered
97 honda HX-07 STI
286 Posts
maybe melted your cat?
Melted Cat? Hmmmmm not sure if I agree I have always had the thought restriction is a bad thing for engines period. Have you considered an MSD...Just my 2 cent......Or a APEXI AIR FUEL CONTROLLER.. That might help the overly rich condition which plaques your car. However I am still learning....Again just my 2 cents. Which is worth less the .025 so there ya go.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.