Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
finished rebuilt my motor. didn't have time to get and buy a stethoscope and jack the front up and listen exactly where the noise coming from?

I have my motor run for like 300miles now. heard the sound before. adjusted the valves and it is ok. also the motor has slight piston slap due to the turbo I built specs clearances.
but another noise is present.

At slight idle I have this slight knocking chattering sound at idle.

The SOUND! "sounds" almost Exactly like a chatter sound( if I don't give my clutch a little gas CHATTER when driving) but quitter idling . also I noticed my car has slightly solid bushings all around could be causing when idling. could be my mounts are solid idling.

The sound! sounds like a chatter sound like flywheels clutches get when u don't give enough gas "but at idle".

I had my idle at 850rpm before with my hondataS300 but now raised it to 1100rpm. if it is raised at 1100rpm the weird knocking chattering sound seems to go away.
but I still hear slight chattering maybe the block noises ?
I was checking fuses near my driver side inside pedal areas. I hear the stupid noise there from inside the car could be block area.
I hear the noise from cabin driver foot well area. I have good engine oil pressures and no low pressures hope is something else.

this is a Chromalloy flywheel about 7lbs light with a competition clutch 1stage.
can these cause these noises such as idling?

·
Meat Popsicle
91 CRX Si
2,936 Posts
Appreciate you being descriptive in your post but we'll really need a video of the sound to help.

Try recording from the hood looking down the top of the engine, then move the camera slowly from the head down to the oil pan.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh ok isb I think I know "input shaft bearing.!" but wth I changed that already its band new and my built has only 300 miles on it now. I geuss it could be a number of things maybe the actual car with solid mounts . S**t I just hope not the motor

1 - 6 of 6 Posts