Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not exactly what title says. Well maybe. Long story short d16y7 engine. Rebuilt with vitaras eagle hbeams recently put supertech springs aem cam gear. The ecu is a p2n which i think is the wrong one and i thjnk the harness is a vtec harness. Well it runs VERY rich. Soot on sheet rock in garage. Idles rough and really low. Turbo manifold is smoking off all high temp paint. Idles so low tach barely reads. Had code for ect. Someone cut that connector. So i cut connector for vtec wired to ect and fixed it. Now have code for vtec and primary o2 p1166 new sensor power and ground on where it should be. But stil code and runs so rich any ideas? What would cause to run so rich???

·
Registered
477 Posts
Get rid of the P2N first off its looking for an EGR valve Vtec ext.. N/A your motor runs on a P2E ecu...

You should include more info about your setup also.. we dont even know what type of injectors your trying to run lol..

Your boosted it sounds like? why are you trying to run a stock y5 ecu with boost in the first place?

If your boosted you need to get bigger fuel injectors.. a conversion harness and a obd1 ecu PLUS have it tuned before you even think about hitting boost.. otherwise kiss that motor good bye.

This thread scares me... I would NOT run the engine on the setup you have right now.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry about that. Kind of stressed lol. Im working this demon the previous owned had. Everything the owner had before me except the rebuilt. He hacked harness for air flow converter. It was turboed when i got it. He claims there are bigger injectors in it. Must be since he wanted them back after he found out i got bigger 750cc's... There were no o2 sensors. Have installed 255fuel pump. Fpr aem adjust cam gear supertech springs gt3076r. But have codes for vtec which i know i dont have and primary o2 but it still runs rich as hell. Think the wrong ecu is doing it?

·
Registered
97 EJ6 boosted D16Z6
1,079 Posts
if you're running bigger injectors, you need a chipped ecu with a tune for your motor.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I threw in a p2e which is for the y7 and it still runs the same way. Rich as fuck. Choppy very low idle. No idea whats wrong. Would a adjustable fpr be a problem? Hooked up a wideband it registers on the gauge 10.0 pinned. Maybe the injectors in it are big? I havent put the 750s in

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I threw in a p2e which is for the y7 and it still runs the same way. Rich as fuck. Choppy very low idle. No idea whats wrong. Would a adjustable fpr be a problem? Hooked up a wideband it registers on the gauge 10.0 pinned. Maybe the injectors in it are big? I havent put the 750s in
You're not listening, you need a chipped and properly tuned ecu. A stock ECU is going to make it run just like it is now, like shit.

·
Premium Member
2005 Legacy GT
1,754 Posts
Same injector pulse on bigger injectors = more fuel per pulse. Duh sir ... fucking duh. You need to have some sort of programming to compensate for the fact that the injectors are X% bigger than stock (you're current ECU thinks you're still using 190cc injectors ... or are they 210cc can't remember).

And for the here's your spoon statement ... with a stock ECU you will be dumping X% more fuel into the cylinders.

Perhaps when someone tells you there are bigger injectors in the engine ... you should take that into consideration when trying to get it running.

·
Registered
477 Posts
How can you have no idea whats wrong when you are running bigger injectors with a stock ECU that is not programmed for the injectors... common sense bro

Either pull the turbo stuff off of the motor and run the stock P2E ecu OR figure out what parts are installed on the motor.. convert to OBD1 and get a tune like i said above..

·
Registered
94 Integra
1,225 Posts
PULL OUT THE INJECTORS AND 255 PUMP! Damn dude, this isn't a MAF car that can reduce fueling by itself by 500%. If you increase the injectors by 300%, it will dump 300% more fuel. The 255 pump is also likely to increase fuel pressure by 50% at idle, meaning 450% more fuel. On top of that those injectors have different latency values, which the stock ecu has no clue about.

If you're lucky, the rings and piston skirts haven't been ruined from the crazy amount of fuel washing down the cylinders. If you've been trying that hard at it, more than likely the motor is toast.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts