Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im thinking of just rebuilding the bottom end. since im only using the greddy kit, is it worth going with a vitara/eagle set up and just push the turbo to its limits? its also going to be my daily, how is it driving with vitaras? and since im in cali, when smog time comes, would i be able to pass smog n/a with the vitaras/eagles?

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya its always worth building the bottom end when it come to boosting, besides its cheap. as far as passing smog you my need to have a really good tune when getting tested IMO.
what about taking the turbo off, putting the stock injectors and ecu in? will the vitara affect anything?

·
Registered
4,258 Posts
manifold turbo oilpan and charge piping, get a legal header and intake, stock ecu smog it, then come home and put it on, dont worry for another 2 years =P

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I live here in Cali with you too, driving vitara n/a as of right now till turbo is ready to slap on, as far as driving vitara n/a goes it totally sucs dude, it will just sputter and lag when driving it with a stock p28 or po8 ecu, but using a po5 cx ecu it well at least respond good to gas pedal alittle bit atleast. I sugest if ur able to get it tune even just for the break in period to be able to drive it good. Goes for smog Im not too sure but it only takes 6-10 hours to swap out and in another soch motor so BIG DEAL just go for it thats how I see it IONO why peps sweat smog soo much here in Cali or where ever ur from.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I live here in Cali with you too, driving vitara n/a as of right now till turbo is ready to slap on, as far as driving vitara n/a goes it totally sucs dude, it will just sputter and lag when driving it with a stock p28 or po8 ecu, but using a po5 cx ecu it well at least respond good to gas pedal alittle bit atleast. I sugest if ur able to get it tune even just for the break in period to be able to drive it good. Goes for smog Im not too sure but it only takes 6-10 hours to swap out and in another soch motor so BIG DEAL just go for it thats how I see it IONO why peps sweat smog soo much here in Cali or where ever ur from.
i hear you. only reason im worried about smog is that i live alone(well with my girl), away for school in an apartment complex. i dont have the tools or resources to do major things like swapping motors. if i still stayed back home in the bay area, then it would be a different story. thats where all my help is.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts