Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
if i end up keeping my car(most likley), im thinking of having my 15g just rebuilt. but at the same time, can i upgrade this turbo as well? i know you will ask, "why not just change turbos altogether?" reason is that i dont really want to change my setup...i mean i would love to, but right now, i cant afford a new mani, turbo, dp setup. im not looking to make a grip of power...just like 250ish.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
You can rebuild it or have the housing reworked to fit a19T CHRA in there. You could look into haveing a larger compressor fitted on the 15G, possible a 19C?

·
Registered
15 Posts
gt28r if you can find a used one for a good price. they will fit on the manifold, but you will have to make a different downpipe. very good turbo IMO, and capable of quite a bit of power. over 300whp. just a thought.
the 18g off of the b-series greddy kit is a pretty hard turbo to get ahold of. i know this because i was going to do that but i gave up searching for months.
otherwise you can get a nissan t25 turbo, but again you will need a new downpipe. hope that helps

·
yellow bar for me
3,572 Posts
i thought a gt28r was a t3 flange. my 15g is alot smaller than a standart t3 flange. if a gt28r will fit, then i know what my first upgrade will be lol

·
CR-Vtakin
11,459 Posts
g pop shop has the rebuild parts for your turbo. runs around $85 for the rebuild kit or you can send it off to them and have them do it. they do quality work.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Porting the exh. housing is definately worth it.
I'd try the G Pop shop on the rebuild, wee what they quote you.
on their website it says a standard rebuild is 325, so 50 bucks more than turbo city(which everyone in socal recommends me to), but they told me they couldnt do any upgrades for me(porting).
you couldnt do it could you greg?

·
Registered
838 Posts
on their website it says a standard rebuild is 325, so 50 bucks more than turbo city(which everyone in socal recommends me to), but they told me they couldnt do any upgrades for me(porting).
you couldnt do it could you greg?

i email greddy awhile back cause i was also worried about my 15g if it needed a rebuild. they said $250 for a new 15g from them.

but why pay that much when you can get a ebay cast manifold with a t3 turbo for about the same price.

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
see if someone can't bore out the housing and slap an 18G or 16G wheel in, subaru people have it done to their IHIs all the time

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
g pop shop has the rebuild parts for your turbo. runs around $85 for the rebuild kit or you can send it off to them and have them do it. they do quality work.
I've always heard good things about these guys as well.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i email greddy awhile back cause i was also worried about my 15g if it needed a rebuild. they said $250 for a new 15g from them.

but why pay that much when you can get a ebay cast manifold with a t3 turbo for about the same price.
i just talked with greddy and they said 237.77 for a complete rebuild. but no porting

·
R2.....Zap Balls
5,186 Posts
gpop shop will do a good job, I talked to them about doing mine when I had my 15g. They can put a 19t wheel in it and port and polish the housings

·
Registered
516 Posts
I just got a quote from g-pop shop for 405 plus 25 return shipping. Plus 175 for 19T upgrade.......WOW!!!!!

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
you can be confident with a greddy rebuild, that would get my vote if you choose not to get any portwork done.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts