Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
well, as time has passed my motor has gone threw good and bad, and yet now is the time for me to make a choice to either buy a used motor or rebuild my motor. Now my friends are telling me to buy a D16zc motor, and yet im not to sure of even buying one, but my close friend told me that his friend owns a shop, and he can rebuild my motor for 800$ bottom up and add in ZC parts to give it an high compression. But again im not 100% sure on what to do. Should i rebuild my motor and have 0 mileage? or buy a used motor with around 50k depending if i can find a good one. Right now all im going for is more HP, but still be able to pass smog too.

·
Registered
149 Posts
fj sells a good kit for that. its a superkit for the d16 using ycp p29 pistons. it has everything u need for the bottom end rebuild minus oil pump and rods...

·
Registered
91 CRX Si
4,454 Posts
Go with the z6 rebuild. If you went with a JDM ZC swap, chances are it would need a rebuild soon enough anyway. Good luck!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok, lets say after getting all of that done, and i have my new motor with the zc parts inside, and having short ram intec and testpipe maybe headers, is there a way to give me a really good high end?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts