Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sup guys, i really dont know how to tell if it needs a rebuild. the guy at the performance shop sold it to me for cheap. it has a little shaft play, nothing bad, not touching the housing.. one thing that does bother me is there is a small amount of oil gunk on the compressor blade and a little gunk in the compressor housing. not much just a small amount.. do you want to see pics or are you going to tell me to send it out...i would rather rebuild it myself and save the extra 200 bucks... ill try to get pics up here...

W

·
0 Posts
clean it up make sure there is no cracks in the housings but lets see the pics of it but it is best if there is no shaft play mine has some but very little and i know for a fact that mines still good

O

·
0 Posts
it needs rebuilding then. if there is oil in the compressor or exhaust housigns, then it is leaking past the seals. but having a shop rebuilt it costs about $250-$325 average. and that's a smaller turbo. you could actually go out a find a nice t3-t4 new turbo for around $450-$500 that woudl fit your needs. heck ebay has some nice deals from sschrome for a t3/t4 turbo with .57 trim. you can use their turbo and would work fine.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im at my shop i just took the pics but the old computer here is to old to put the pics on i have to go home to put the pics on the internet.. i was looking at it again and its not really a gunk as i stated before that sounds bad its a slight film like the car it came off had a bad pcv system and some oil mist got on it but ill try to post the pics if i can find a way to compress them cause our new computer came with new software but it was only a trial version and it only lasted 90 days which really sucks... but ill try tonight or monday night after school... i kinda have a feeling it will need a rebuild but i dont know shit cause this is my first time doing this... this is costing to much money!!! i just spent 220 on lucas 440 injectors and i waned to install this stuff in 2 weeks, looks like that might not happen... thanks for your help guys.. ill get the pics up soon..

W

·
0 Posts
i know for a fact you can find another 14b turbo for like $100 online off some one theres a lot of them floating around but make sure theres no big cracks

D

·
0 Posts
If its just a light film thats even on all the blades that would be normal. The valve cover vents into the intake which will have an oil film inside.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts