Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys, as I suspected my newly built engine is giving me a couple headaches. and I need some advice!

OK, so I started the car today for the first time, and I am getting code 20 from datalogging (ELD)

My car turns over fine and starts right away, but unless I give it some gas it wont stay running. It also doesn't seem to want to go past 2.5k RPM

My first question is, is the ELD code causing my engine to stall out?

Its a vitara built d16y8
RC750cc's
HA motorsports basemap on s300 v3.

Heres my second question. Iv already done some research and came across a few things. I found out that the ELD is in the fusebox, and that whole unit needs to be changed. I also read its not a big deal and just disable it in paramaters in smanager. I went to do that and its already disabled? I then read it is disabled because I don't have it, or a KS and that's why it is also disabled.

Can anyone shed some light here!? Anyone experienced this before??

Thanks!

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,832 Posts
My toyota would start and die right after when my MAP sensor wasn't hooked up. Check that first and that you didn't swap the MAP and TPS plugs as they are the same and located right next to each other.

The ELD part "I think" is used for tuning when something turns on and uses more alternator juice and could cause a lean condition so they allow to tune for them when enabled in the tuning software, this is what I think I have read somewhere (no experience with tuning)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I considered that, when I went to switch them around the TPS wont reach the map sensor because it is plugged into another part at the back of the IM, and it doesn't reach. I could probably try force it, but I don't want to do that

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,832 Posts
May have to let someone else elaborate more on the ELD issue.

What intake and TB are you running (assuming not a Y8 with the MAP mounted to it)?

Any vacuum leaks?

What MAP sensor are you using?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep everything is d16y8. Block head, IM, TB. I have a speedfactory 4bar MAP sensor. I actually just found a vacuum port open under the TB. As soon as I find my block offs ill plug it and try again

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok so i went and had a look. And a couple of my vac lines didnt look right. I looked up the diagram and it seemed wrong. Instead of running a small line from the back of the tb to the back of the IM there the tps is, i had nothing on the back of the tb and a line running from the small port on the coolant line ( i think ) to the back of the IM.

I changed it around, ran the small line from TB to back of IM and another line from the front of the TB to where that small line comes from the block. I went to start the car and the battery was dead. Im in work now so ill have to wait till tomorrow. Fingers crossed i have it right now :rofc:

BeerDrinkin thanks for all your help dude! Will report back tomorrow.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
So i re arranged all of my vac lines. Everything looks good now. Still having the same problem though!

Can anybody shed some light on the ELD situation? I cleared the check engine light and it hasnt come back

My oil pressure when i start it is around 80psi
And my vaccuum is around 20 inhg

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So i pulled the plugs. Looks to be running super rich?? How to i lean it out on the s300?

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Fail.

All that money and you forgot to read.

Turn off the ELD check in the settings, and pull overall fuel trim as a band aid until you get more figured out, or get to a tuner.

The Electronic Load Detector is there to see how much you are drawing from said fusebox and adjust the alt. output accordingly. Leaving it off runs your alt. wide open, afaik.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got my car to idle. My afr is reading a bit high so i am going to try lean it out a bit. Still have a bit of playing around with the ecu.

Thanks for the advice. Anymore advice on fuel trimming and leaning out would be appreciated!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts