Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am rebuilding my d16 but am interested in doing a mini me swap. I have compression questions? I was thinking about getting p29 pistons from fj distributors, using the z6 head gasket and obviously z6 head but i have the possibility of getting a head that has been decked 3mm's. Also I was thinking what would be better either a zdyne one wire conversion ecu or a Vtec controller? Also what prices should i expect so i know that i not getting ripped? What prices should I expect?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is it better to use the a6 oil pump or would the z6 oil pump increase the CR too much? also its good that i am starting to rebuild because my water pump just busted and is gushing out water which causes my heater to loose heat and blow out cold air. And now im sure my injectors are shot because i used half a tank of gas in two days. This engines done for.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
"xotic crx" What set up did you do as far as Intake Manifold, Exhuast Manifold, pistons, rods, port n polish or not, etc. What kind of horse power did you get? because i have "searched" and get different hp result event with the same set I want to do?

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
Well, right now all i have is just a 200+K mile A6 bottom end with a 3 angle valve job Z6 head. I'm running the Z6 mani, TB, and a DC Sports header that i had on my full a6 before. Never got it dynoed, probably 120 whps at the most, more like 110 i imagine. I never really got to run it at the track either.

My current motor i'm building is a ZC(a6) bottom end, same Z6 head as above, Crower stg 2 cam, ti. retainers, springs, Edlebrock IM. I'm shooting for 140 whp on that setup.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Does anyone recommend buying a rebuilt motor from www.jsamotors.com because I am getting to point where I just want to buy a whole motor and then spend my time rebuilding the motor I have now so I can either sell it or put it back in built all to hell.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok if you dont notice by now I am a noob(nub as i like to call it) at this engine building. For the life of me I just cant figure out if my car is a obd0 or obd1 and how can I find that? what does the mini me swap require? And does the change from my current ecu to the p28 with 92-95 wiring harness change that or do I need some kind of conversion kit with that? This is my biggest problem Right now that is keeping me from buying anything else so please help a nub out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts