Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've got a 95 si tranny that i want to get put in my del sol and i really don't want to get burned so for all of you that have had your tranny installed for you, what's a good price?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm... you know i was trying to avoid doing it myself since my cars so low...but if that's what i have to look forward to then...screw that!

·
ridin on rotas
1,980 Posts
you might try to find a mechanic that will do work on the side and see if you can pay him 100 - 150. there are alot of mechanics out there that are more than willing to do side work for cash. but you don't get any type of warranty with this.

·
Cool User Title Here
6,900 Posts
gftgrill said:
you might try to find a mechanic that will do work on the side and see if you can pay him 100 - 150. there are alot of mechanics out there that are more than willing to do side work for cash. but you don't get any type of warranty with this.
While on the toher hand, your supplied parts at any mechanic will generally lead to non-warrantied work

·
DROP IT LIKE IT'S HOT
2003 Civic Si
3,003 Posts
big_daddy_b_99 said:
hmm... you know i was trying to avoid doing it myself since my cars so low...but if that's what i have to look forward to then...screw that!
If you were closer I would of gone to your place and helped you out. All it would of cost you would of been a Pizza. LOL But yea i would be glad to help you out, but your in Texas

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^ hey i can handle a pizza! haha yeah i might find someone to do it on the side, if not looks like sunday i'll be workin on the sol since it's my only day off.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Dont take it to shop, its going to cost more money than its worth. There is got to people on here that are close to you that are willing to help you out :)

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
^yeah, maybe anyone in the houston area reading this? haha if so hey i'm about 45 minutes to an hour south of houston, near hwy 59! work will be done in the shop at i work at so i've got good tools to use if not, well atleast i tried!

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,267 Posts
I charge $250 to R&R a tranny that I'm gonna work on. for $50 more I will swap the clutch and flywheel.

Think it is high, then do it yourself.

·
D-Series.org Sponsor
381 Posts
big_daddy_b_99 said:
i've got a 95 si tranny that i want to get put in my del sol and i really don't want to get burned so for all of you that have had your tranny installed for you, what's a good price?
going rate in so cal is 300 -

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Bone's a busy man, gotta make it worth his time... :lol:

transzex said:
I charge $250 to R&R a tranny that I'm gonna work on. for $50 more I will swap the clutch and flywheel.

Think it is high, then do it yourself.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,267 Posts
I hate dropping trannys on other peoples cars, takes twice as long.

Oh yeah, I won't fall for the "I have a air compressor" trick again.........drive 450-500 miles to deliver and help install a tranny only to find they have a Coleman tire pump.

Funny now, but I wasn't laughing then!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
A buddy and I charge $150 for a tranny swap. That is if you supply the tranny. It will usually take us 3-3 1/2 hours to acutally finish it, but we fuck around for more than 3/4 of the time. It's usually about a 1/2 hour to 45 minute job.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Oh yeah, I won't fall for the "I have a air compressor" trick again.........drive 450-500 miles to deliver and help install a tranny only to find they have a Coleman tire pump.
now that blows... if i can find someone local i'm gonna do the swap in the shop where i work. i work with the mechanic for a oil field drilling fluids hauling company and we have everything we'd need to make it a smooth and painless install...as long as nothing goes wrong! haha

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
transzex said:
drive ... miles to deliver and help install a tranny only to find they have a Coleman tire pump.
I laughed when it happened to me and went back home, told the kid to tow it to my house if he wanted it done.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,267 Posts
bspeed said:
I laughed when it happened to me and went back home, told the kid to tow it to my house if he wanted it done.
Funny now, but without that effort I made, 2/3's of the CRX USA would have happened.

Oh Yeah, Some Blurple GSR and I bought my 86 Trans Am.

Small World once you think about to old folk.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts