Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if it's all in my head but after installing a rear upper strut bar it really feels much much tighter in addition to the front upper bar I've had for years ....seems like the del sol really needed this

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,045 Posts
depends on the kind used. if it has a solid mount to the towers, I can see it, if its hinged, I don't see it. I had a password jdm rear strut tower bar and first time around an on ramp it felt good. I don't have it on this car, and it feels the same.......so yeah lol.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
"Try and just remember that it is all in your head."

I think if you like it and it feels better then it is. My front is hinged and my rear is not. If I pull them off I notice a difference but not in normal driving. I didn't notice as much of a difference as when I did the bushings. Would assume the bushings and fresh tires help more on a street car.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
even the ghetto alumnum shitters from ebay make an effect on the del sol.

The sidepaneling on the del sol is trong. the side to side is utter garbage.

a triangulated front bar and solid rear bar will give noticable improvements. It made a pretty massive difference when my 93 del sol was stock outside of skunk2 struts and springs. After the bars, the bushings started to get destroyed (well car had 200k anyways)

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
an Ebay H-Brace made my del sol's steering noticeably better and the cowl shook less.

really, anything will help on a sol. They're so flexy you can watch the windshield move back and forth an inch or so with the roof off

·
Registered
176 Posts
Idk about del sols specifically but on my gutted hatch my dc sports rear strut bar felt like it made such a minimal difference while cornering hard I pulled it off for weight savings.
My OEM front strut bar and nrg front lower tie bar actually made a difference though, the tie bar even reduced wheel hop.
My rear end is light now tho I'm sure a del sol rear end does have some heft to it so I think you could notice a slight improvement as long as you don't use an adjustable bar with hinges. I used to have an eBay hinged front bar and no tie bar, the OEM strut bar and tie bar made a huge difference over the eBay one.
Although whoshot is right bushings make the biggest difference.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Here is how bad del sols are at chassis flex. If you stick some super stiff coilovers on it and go auto-crossing, there is a good chance at cracking the dashboard if you have sticky tires.

so if you own a del sol, its worth even the $60 for a full set of ebay china special bars, let alone the good brand name solid stuff.

I had that OBX dual tube front bar and I found an old used DC Sports twin tube bar for the back, and holy fuck it felt like a car worth at least $6 more lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts