Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got my ES bushings and I am wondering how in the hell am I supposed to get that metal peice out of the stock ones, in order to make the ES bushings work? Do u just press out the stock bushing and use a torch? or what? yikes!

·
Want access???
98 Hx Coupe
12,304 Posts
Paul i have been working on mine also ...cut the metal shaft out of the bushing ...burn with a torch and clean any excess rubber off with a cookie cutter grinding wheel.....

as for the rubber that is still left in the metal sleeves i used a jigsaw to cut the 2 metal tabs out and started burning the rest out with a torch ...WTMFW

·
Registered
296 Posts
I just did front control arm bushings, same thing with the metal sleeve, but I cheated and took it to a local shop to press them out for me, cost me $15 and 20 mins.

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Paul i have been working on mine also ...cut the metal shaft out of the bushing ...burn with a torch and clean any excess rubber off with a cookie cutter grinding wheel.....

as for the rubber that is still left in the metal sleeves i used a jigsaw to cut the 2 metal tabs out and started burning the rest out with a torch ...WTMFW
ok.... but u had to get the new ones pressed in correct?

·
Want access???
98 Hx Coupe
12,304 Posts
ok.... but u had to get the new ones pressed in correct?
the new ES ones im going to press in myself ...flat plate of metal with a hole in the center ....long bolt nut and another flat plate of metal with a hole in it ...if you have the ES bushings there is a pick of what im talking about

i also bought the es 8 oz tub of lube that little tube they give you isnt enough

http://www.streetsideauto.com/products.asp?ptid=4864&brand=BDVQ&series=Formula 5 Prelube&partnumber=9.11104&Skip=True&LookupType=NON&Reset=True

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the new ES ones im going to press in myself ...flat plate of metal with a hole in the center ....long bolt nut and another flat plate of metal with a hole in it ...if you have the ES bushings there is a pick of what im talking about

i also bought the es 8 oz tub of lube that little tube they give you isnt enough

http://www.streetsideauto.com/products.asp?ptid=4864&brand=BDVQ&series=Formula 5 Prelube&partnumber=9.11104&Skip=True&LookupType=NON&Reset=True
thanks cliff!!!

·
CR-Vtakin
your mom
11,459 Posts
do not by any means remove the metal cup that is pressed in the rear trailing arm.

if you have any questions hit me up. i have done a few of these and am about to do another set.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts