Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be putting in all new bushings on my '90 DX hatch in the near future, and while I'm at it I thought it's pick up some Si LCAs and put those in so that I can install a rear sway bar.

Now from my reading, I don't have the mounts for a sway bar and will have to make up something like this:
http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?&id=1146145

The thread got me thinking, which would be better for my application (all stock suspension, with the exception of bushings. KYBs and H&R sports will come in summer) a stock civic Si rear bar or a stock DA?

From my searching Si rear is 15mm and Da is 17mm.

·
Premium Member
17 Honda Civic Si
6,997 Posts
I'd go Si

and I'm welding mine to the frame... but that install is NICE!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im going to be using a DA sway on mine, and pretty much copy that thread you linked
What's the specs on the rest of your suspension, stock too?

·
Registered
88 ED6
5,511 Posts
DA. Bigger bar=less roll without having stiffer springs.

·
Ferio inspired
90' Civic sedan
2,444 Posts
DA. Bigger bar=less roll without having stiffer springs.
eh, not enough for me to warrant doing the extra work. im lazy like that.

rather, i am just gonna go big, and put the ST rear bar and call it a day.:beer:

·
Registered
88 ED6
5,511 Posts
eh, in case you guys didn't know, the Si takes the same amount of effort to get in there as the DA.

+1 on the ST bar. Already has what you need to get it in there.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well an ST bar would be nice but it might be overkill for what I've got now.

Not to mention that I'll probably getting the Si bar for like $40 at most, vs $150 US + shipping to canada.

Thanks for all the help guys.

Reactions: DirtyDC4

·
Registered
98 Lx sedan
301 Posts
just so you know, you can "directly" bolt up the sway bar. I think you use the DA mounts and whatever stock bar. I'll check to be certain. If you swap sides with the LCAs to mount the end links from the back side. Then, remove the rear tie down brackets. swap sides with the sway bar mounts. Then drill the sway bar mounts out to use the tie down bolts. I did it on my brothers wagon and my 4dr this way.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts