Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know its not a D-series DIY, but the idea can be applied to anything.

so i had been pondering getting a Ueo style trunk brace, Since i have a jdm rear bumper with custom(my own making) bumper brackets, i have been alittle skeptical of the regidity of the rear section on the hatch(course the whole car is a bit flexy as is).

so i decided to make one on my own, since i know how to weld and i was bored.

tell me what you think. im still skeptical on if it is going to do what i want, i didnt want to lose useable trunk space, since i transport tires + tools in the trunk.

i used 1" square tubing, 1/8th wall. im a bit worried that it isnt thick enough to provide any regidity.

so heres some pics, i already had 2 holes above the shock mount, so i decided to tie in there too. rather than a plate that went from the bottom to the top i decided to use some extra tubing to make the legs.

the side bars run back to the stock bumper mount location in the frame. there is 1/4 wall thickness tube going down to the mount whole so it should be secure there.

so tell me, what do you think?

·
ministry of mayhem!
93 honda integra
5,680 Posts
niiiiiiiiiice!!!!!!!!:TU: :TU: :TU: :TU: :TU:

Reactions: egriffith45

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow. Nice work. Whether it stiffens your ride or not, it still looks nice. Grind the welds a little smoother, paint her up, and sell it on Ebay if it doesn't do what you want it to. :TU:
i was thinking that too :)

im about to paint it right now

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How thick are the store bought kind?
I think it'll be good.
the store bought stuff isnt square its some weird oval piping that i have been trying to find forever, and cant seem to find. but i was worried that they may use thicker wall stuff.

ehh we will see. havent put it in permanently yet. so

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
I did something similar.

I just did the rear of the trunk. I would tie across from where the bumper mounts. here is mine.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
nice linex in the trunk too
hellz yea hours of scraping it out then sanding it lol. rattle can truck liner :) lol it looks good sorta like wrinkle black. I can hear every pebble when the rear seats are out LMAO.

I want to redo the bar tho instead of folding the ends down I want to just buy longer bolts and have a solid bar. I also want to tie it into my new rear strut bar with just an X, bt im going to use 2 bolts on each joint so its solid and still removable.

if I had a mig this would be done a WHILE ago but the thing is I only have a walmart stick welder :( thing isnt the best for welding.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.