Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Honda Civic EX
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow friends. This past week I attempted to install some new coil-overs in preparation for Spring. The fronts went on without a hitch! The back ones, well, I am having some issues. I have already broken a bolt trying to remove the old strut. I went to the other side and applied some more penetrating spray, let is sit for a bit longer, and tried again with an impact. That bastard is stuck as well. Everything I have read says this is quite the normal issue.

At this point I think my best best would be to cut off the bolts and just replace the LCAs with some aftermarket ones. Install some new hardware also and to make sure to grease the bolts or apply some ant-seize before installing them. Before I buy anything though, are the aluminum ones worth buying over replacing the bushings in the stock LCAs?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Depends on how cheap you go.

Some of fleabay ones have really cheap chinese rubber bushings that will blowout in a matter of months.

Try to get something with urethane bushings from a brand you've heard of before.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.