Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1994 EH9
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my searching I have found that it's not really the brand of LCA as it's more the bushing that matters. I'd like to hear some personal experiences from those of you who have either swapped the rear LCAs out for aftermarket or used the stock ones with new/upgraded bushings. Pro & cons of one verses the other?

I have searched through quite a bit and http://www.d-series.org/forums/suspension-corner/126797-oem-vs-aftermarket-lca-advantages.html answers quite a few questions that I had, just wanted to get more personal inputs.

So far I'm looking at Function7 as being the ones I plan on running (as their bushings are made by Energy).

Has anyone hear how the Blackworks LCA bushings hold up?

Reactions: si-hatch86

·
They call me Awesome!
4,447 Posts
Basically it goes like this;

If you're buying LCA's in order to get good bushings, then you'll spend some cheese on name brand stuff and you're wasting a lot of money on bushings.

If you're buying LCA's because you found them cheap, don't mind crappy bushings, and are wanting to do them mostly for looks; you come out ahead price-wise in the short run but it's a long term loss.

If you're just wanting to improve the performance of your car the best bang/buck is to just swap bushings.

I never swapped the OEM bushings out on my old hatch, wish I had, but I did run aftermarket LCA's that were cheap. I wish I had just kept the OEM ones and swapped the bushings out.

·
Registered
my Skateboard
1,945 Posts
Street car = oem lca w/oem,hardrace,pic bushings. Track car = oem w/sperical.

If bling is priority function 7...

·
Registered
1994 EH9
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
d-series.org said:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to awebb again.
Thanks awebb!

Street car = oem lca w/oem,hardrace,pic bushings. Track car = oem w/sperical.

If bling is priority function 7...
I was looking in to F7 LCAs mainly for the bushings but since you both are suggesting sticking with the OEM LCAs I'll check out Hardrace & PIC = repped

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
wondering if you can press the ES bushings into a skunk2 lca?
ES ones have steel casing while the skunk2 one is bigger rubber over a steel cylinder

·
Registered
840 Posts
don't the es bushings just like slip in kind of? thats what i thought but i could be wrong been along time since i have looked at them
i've heard great stuff about F7 and know alot of people running them, i was in a pinch and had to get some blox, they are meh, the bushings didn't last even a season of autox tho

·
Registered
230 Posts
Stock lca's with new aftermarket bushings. I'm running ES bushings with my stock lca's on my hatch, she handles real well! If you want nice lca's for show and performance, function 7's are your best bet. Can't say much about other brands, but just know, you don't want to snap an lca while driving and all goes to hell... so avoid the cheap ones on ebay or generic brands.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I've been daily driving my car with energy suspension poly urethane bushings on stock integra lcas (they have sway bar end link provisions) for over 25k miles in about 3 years and they have held up without any complaints!

The OEM bushing will have to be pressed out and the new ones are two piece design bushings with a new collar and u can install them back without a press.just make sure u use alot of the lube it comes with as u don't want to install em dry or they fail prematurely and squel as well (Es bushings = best bang for ur buck)

·
Registered
95 del sol turbo
305 Posts
Only reason I see to upgrade the rear LCA is if you want to hook up a rear sway down the road. Either one will work and as long as the bushing has stiffness it will make the car stable then a worn out one.

I got the s2 ones didnt notice much of a diff over stock ones with replaced bushings. I do like the adjustable sway bar. It helps change the feel of the car between the settings.

·
They call me Awesome!
4,447 Posts
Only reason I see to upgrade the rear LCA is if you want to hook up a rear sway down the road.
Where as some of the rear suspension stuff does provide a nice mounting point for the rear bar, rear LCA's aren't needed in order to run a rear sway bar.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I swapped my 91 Si OEM bushings for ES and the car feels more solid. The old ons press out, the Energy Suspension ones dont require a press to go in. They are 4 pieces. 3 poly rings and a metal sleeve.

·
Registered
My civic
2,340 Posts
wondering if you can press the ES bushings into a skunk2 lca?
ES ones have steel casing while the skunk2 one is bigger rubber over a steel cylinder
I believe the bushings for the LCA's from ES are two peice. They WILL NOT WORK in the blox arms or anything designed similar to the blox arms period.

·
Registered
95 del sol turbo
305 Posts
Where as some of the rear suspension stuff does provide a nice mounting point for the rear bar, rear LCA's aren't needed in order to run a rear sway bar.
Very tru. It is nice to be able to adjust it though. It can help change the feel of the car. Or maybe im just trying to sell myself on it. Didnt relize you could pull one off an integra to hook it up as well.

·
Registered
1994 EH9
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Just so happens I have a set of stock LCA's with most of the bushings pressed out, and ES LCA and strut mount bushings in the for sale section. Bought those and ended up going with the PIC Performance LCA's. They look like the Blox LCA but have good bushings. 5k on mine so far and they still look brand new.

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
In my searching I have found that it's not really the brand of LCA as it's more the bushing that matters. I'd like to hear some personal experiences from those of you who have either swapped the rear LCAs out for aftermarket or used the stock ones with new/upgraded bushings. Pro & cons of one verses the other?

I have searched through quite a bit and http://www.d-series.org/forums/suspension-corner/126797-oem-vs-aftermarket-lca-advantages.html answers quite a few questions that I had, just wanted to get more personal inputs.

So far I'm looking at Function7 as being the ones I plan on running (as their bushings are made by Energy).

Has anyone hear how the Blackworks LCA bushings hold up?

No matter what don't buy yonaka Lca. Lol.
Here's what happened to mine while doing pulls on dyno straps.

I got a new set of EMUSA Lca from a shop hook-up the bushings look legit, but i just installed it so don't count on it yet. Haha. I paid $60 so i'm not complaining so far so good running on a 12sec car. It might be around $90 online though

Function7 is the best out there if you have the money + gives you piece of mind.

Reactions: cticknor666
1 - 20 of 29 Posts