Honda D Series Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
wiring up is simple, its a pos and a ground, and just wire in a switch, change the power to an accessory, slap in a relay, thats good. then installing the light requires cutting obviously. and i beleive you have to cut into the bumper reinforcement too.

·
I wanna be just like Jimmy!!
3,148 Posts
if you have front fogs, wire it into them, so when the front fogs are on, the rear fog is on..

as far as cutting.. you'd have to figure out where you're putting it, what's behind it, and what needs to go.. it seems like a pretty simple install..

·
Registered
519 Posts
Doesnt blackhope have a diy on CC?

I would actually do it this way:
wiring up is simple, its a pos and a ground, and just wire in a switch, change the power to an accessory, slap in a relay, thats good. then installing the light requires cutting obviously. and i beleive you have to cut into the bumper reinforcement too.
:TU:

Edit again: ok basically, that light is just like a side marker. It has a positive wire and negative wire. Ground the negative to a metal surface, and wire the power side to a switch in the interior. Then wire the switch to the power (you might be able to get away with a fuse tap.. they sell them at radioshack). As far as the actual light installation, you might have to cut the bumper support depending on the location of the light itself

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
ok. get your light. get a relay.

read the instructions on the box of the relay. there will be two thicker wires. one will go to a 12V(read package) and the other will go to the positive on your light. then there will be a smaller hot wire and a smaller ground. attach the ground to somewhere on the chassis. run a wire from 12V to a toggle switch, then from the other side of the toggle switch to the smaller hot wire on the relay. be sure to ground the light also.

thats how i would do it. i think, unless i left something out.

·
Registered
97 GSX-R 750
1,548 Posts

·
Registered
12,272 Posts
That's pointless
funny. the idea of a "REAR" fog light is also pointless

The point of the rear fog is to be used in extreme weather conditions where visibility is poor.
is this a joke? REAR fog light? because we are all concerned about lighting the ground under our mufflers... its SO important to driving in poor conditions

·
Registered
97 GSX-R 750
1,548 Posts
funny. the idea of a "REAR" fog light is also pointless

is this a joke? REAR fog light? because we are all concerned about lighting the ground under our mufflers... its SO important to driving in poor conditions
Nah man it's important so when its foggy as shit out and everybody has their 4-way flashers on you flip your cool Rear fogs and BAM everybody can see you. I hate when people ram into the ass end of my car too so I understand.

·
Resident Gunsmith & Duracoater
Ranger - work truck
5,467 Posts
if you cant see some red ass tail lights on the back of someone else's car you dont need to be on the road, the thought of rear fogs is the gayest thing i have ever heard of, the only reason to have any lights on the rear of a vehicle is for tow trucks so they can hook up, and suv's backing up in the dark......

why do you need fogs on in the rear, when you are proceeding forwards.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.