Honda D Series Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
181 - 200 of 232 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey man im wanting to do the same swap but i have a 96 hatch do i need 99-00 civic rear trailing arms etc and will i need to swap my brake booster? thanks man!

·
Premium Member
18,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #185
hey man im wanting to do the same swap but i have a 96 hatch do i need 99-00 civic rear trailing arms etc and will i need to swap my brake booster? thanks man!
You won't need the booster as stated above. You don't need the trailing arms from a 99-00... its just easier to use the trailing arms of the vehicle you took the disks from... IE an Acura Integra.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Got my swap done on friday, brake pedal is still a little soft so more bleeding will happen soon, I think I am not getting a good seal on the brake lines.
So as you can see, the rear has slightly smaller cross sectional area, and thus can handle slightly less force than the fronts before they'll break. But we all know that ain't going to happen, so we are legitimately safe here using only 3 bolt holes as the rear doesn't do the brunt force of the braking.

·
Registered
2 Posts

There seems to be mass confusion on what you need for brake lines. Seriously, just think about it, its not that hard.

Here is a little thing i drew up that shows what to do. Either pick stock soft lines, or go with SS braided lines. i went with SS braided lines. It is easiest by far.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Mod: Rear disc brake conversion on stock 28-spline Ranger rear-end

If you are wanting to upgrade to rear disc brakes but don’t want to swap to an explorer axle setup, this is the mod for you.

Installing 94-04 Mustang rear disc brakes onto your stock 28-spline Ranger rear end is nearly a bolt on affair and very easy to preform.

·
Registered
2 Posts

The bolts in front of the tank can be taken out with a wrench. As the bolts approach there last thread they can be take out over the top of the lip on the tank. You will need your fingers to do this. It just saves a lot of hassle that is associated with dropping the tank.no i didnt miss it cuz he didnt have it. lol. how did u undo the e-brake cables without touching the tank? im gonna be doin the rear brakes on my hatch in couple of weeks. im curious cuz when i did my crx i had to move the tanks also.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Can you use DA rear disk? Also, I went to u-pull it and saw 92-95 civic couple ex with rear disk and abs. Can I use that disk swap as well?

·
Registered
2 Posts

Now you need to hook up the parking brakes. This step is cake. Simply insert the cable through the hole in the caliper, and attach the ball end on the spring of the caliper. Now, slide back the protective cable outside and measure the distance to the caliper. Now cut some 1/2inch copper pipe to make up the difference. See the picture for clarity…you’ll see how it works.

·
Registered
4 Posts
After reading this entire thread from page 1, I have yet found a straight answer. Is it necessary to change the Prop valve to a 4040 and Mc/bb on the 92-95 civic dx's?

·
Registered
1 Posts
My swap was for an 88EF. Make sure you use the correct toe links also. It will throw off toe angle.I am still waiting to get the SPC toe links in order to get my buggy LOW again.

181 - 200 of 232 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.