Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
My car...or my truck
1,035 Posts
I plan to do new bearings, studs, ball joints and bushings throughout when I switch over to Integra brakes, will definitely be buying the whole trailing arm/front knuckle, building them on the bench, and then installing complete. Don't forget your prop valve...

·
Registered
588 Posts
i have the scarebird brackets on my 98 civic, i'm also using rsx calipers, brackets, and '03 si rotors for the 10" rear disc upgrade, i have not had any issues out of it, but with the rsx calipers i had to clearance the trailing arm.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,384 Posts
i have the scarebird brackets on my 98 civic, i'm also using rsx calipers, brackets, and '03 si rotors for the 10" rear disc upgrade, i have not had any issues out of it, but with the rsx calipers i had to clearance the trailing arm.
why not just use the caliper brackets with the interga caliper? no clearance issuses at all.

·
Registered
EG Hatch
831 Posts
I have a set of scare bird brackets... i tried both kinds and some how neither matched the spindle i had on my 95 si.. was really weird.. it was honest to goodness neither a HON or CIV spindle..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i wonder maybe the scarebird plate is meant for use with regular civic calipers maybe? most of the post i've seen uses teg or rsx calipers.

AutoXCivic: yea i read the 98civic's post.. since i don't have air tools.. probably not going scarebird route, since there's ppl posting about stripping the screws.. :(

·
Premium Member
'92 CX Twincharged D
750 Posts
i wonder maybe the scarebird plate is meant for use with regular civic calipers maybe? most of the post i've seen uses teg or rsx calipers.

AutoXCivic: yea i read the 98civic's post.. since i don't have air tools.. probably not going scarebird route, since there's ppl posting about stripping the screws.. :(
Scarebird brackets were made and test fitted with '98 Integra GSR rear calipers.

·
Asshole
4,112 Posts
Rear trailing arms can be had for anywhere between $75 and $125 and they come with everything you need. Unless you live on a deserted island you're wasting your money with adapter plates that likely won't fit right.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I ordered them, have yet to install them. I also have trailing arms if I run into any issues. I don't think you should have any problems.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Rear trailing arms can be had for anywhere between $75 and $125 and they come with everything you need. Unless you live on a deserted island you're wasting your money with adapter plates that likely won't fit right.
If you live in the rust belt they can also be a huge, ginormous pain in the ass to remove.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I am currently doing mine with the adapter plates. Much easier than messing with the trailing arms when you live in the northeast.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 16 of 16 Posts