Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was wondering why when people do the rear disc brake conv. on a 5th gen civic, the use the WHOLE rear arm instead of just using the wheel hub...the arms are the same size. Does anyone else know that you can just use the hubs and you dont need the whole arm. This saves you the fact of "re-aligning" your car.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
horny_devil said:
id still be realigning the car anyway any mods to supension or hubs id get it checked.

its a lot easier to do if u get the whole arm cause its a strait swap.

Yeah, if just the hubs get switched their is no need to re-align. It is a stright swap if you do just the hubs as well....

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
horny_devil said:
id still be getting an alignment done the parts from a different car and may be slightly off

ur choce really

I hear ya, good idea.......but should not be needed (but Im sure its not going to hurt, except its around $50 around here for an alignment.)

Should only 5 hex bolts on each side to take the hub off, then one center screw nut combo....

C

·
0 Posts
how hard is it to do a rear disc brake swap?

and what do you need? i'm kinda pondering about this...

because i dont like the ex brakes, too big, i want to be able to fit vx rims on my car. so i was thinking about doing a whole brake conversion, because i notices on the eg si, they have four brakes, but then the front ones are smaller.

·
Registered
204 Posts
calboi510 said:
how hard is it to do a rear disc brake swap?

and what do you need? i'm kinda pondering about this...

because i dont like the ex brakes, too big, i want to be able to fit vx rims on my car. so i was thinking about doing a whole brake conversion, because i notices on the eg si, they have four brakes, but then the front ones are smaller.

You need the full rear disc conversion of a EG civic that has rear disc breaks. You can get away with using your current trailing arms but swapping the disc hubs but that is a bit of work.

Go to www.honda-tech.com and search for rear disc conversion and you will find many many threads about this setup

P

·
0 Posts
a lot of the quicker locals around here have opted not to do the rear disc conversion for weight savings.

I'm all for going faster, so if I can keep from adding more weight to the car and still be able to get by... :::thumbup:::

I actually have a set of rear discs from a gsr sitting in my garage because I decided not to upgrade.

·
Registered
87 Posts
puregroove said:
a lot of the quicker locals around here have opted not to do the rear disc conversion for weight savings.

I'm all for going faster, so if I can keep from adding more weight to the car and still be able to get by... :::thumbup:::

I actually have a set of rear discs from a gsr sitting in my garage because I decided not to upgrade.
I like to go fast and be able to stop fast...even if rear disc only makes a 5 foot difference.

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
mark7901 said:
I hear ya, good idea.......but should not be needed (but Im sure its not going to hurt, except its around $50 around here for an alignment.)
go to a place that offers a year warranty. That way you can go back and get it done for free whenever you take your tires off :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts