Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a couple of question i just got a rear disc brake conversion from a 98 integra gsr and i wanted to know if after its installed do i need to take it for a rear allingment....... and do i need to up grade the master cylinder too or the one on my civic is okay its going on a 93 civic dx..... and do i also need the prop valve thanks guys any help would be great...

·
Registered
an ej8 coupe
553 Posts
just unbolt the toe arm to trailing arm bolt, then leave the toe adjustment arm attached to the car. you'll have to pull on it a little to get it back to gether and get the bolt back it but i'll keep the toe setting and your car wont handle completely crazy before an alingment. i have a 97 ex and i used 94 gsr rear discs, e'brake cables, 99-00 si prop valve, and rear brake hoses for a 94-01 integra. since you have a dx you might have to get a ex/si master cylinder, but im not sure.
-andrew

·
CR-Vtakin
your mom
11,459 Posts
I installed both front and rear brakes off a 94 integra. What I used was a 92 si 40/40 prop valve and a 15/16ths master cylinder off a 91 civic ex sedan. you will love the feel of the brakes if you install the same stuff I did.

·
Registered
96 Posts
i have a couple of question i just got a rear disc brake conversion from a 98 integra gsr and i wanted to know if after its installed do i need to take it for a rear allingment....... and do i need to up grade the master cylinder too or the one on my civic is okay its going on a 93 civic dx..... and do i also need the prop valve thanks guys any help would be great...
i would say yes on a rear realignment...all the parts have manufacturing tolerances on them so it won't be exactly the same as the old dx control arms. for example i changed my front drive shaft since it was clunking & by taking the tie rod, strut off & reinstall, the alignment is off in the front now.
also i would change out the trailing arm bushings since you have it out right now. i bought prothane bushings for them...
and like mrnicolas said, you need the 40/40 prop valve from the integ or any other hondas w/ 4wheel discs setup...i also used the brake booster & master cylinder from an integ. what you can do is check on the body of the master cylinder on your car, it should have a casting of the size of the piston on the master cylinder...on my eg lx 4d, it came w/ 15/16 master cylinder (i believe the smaller standard honda size is 13/16 so check yours out). i would suggest getting both the brake booster & master cylinder from the same car so it'll prevent you from readjusting the brake booster activation push rod...yeah don't ask me how i know!!!
good luck...

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
i would say yes on a rear realignment...all the parts have manufacturing tolerances on them so it won't be exactly the same as the old dx control arms. for example i changed my front drive shaft since it was clunking & by taking the tie rod, strut off & reinstall, the alignment is off in the front now.
also i would change out the trailing arm bushings since you have it out right now. i bought prothane bushings for them...
and like mrnicolas said, you need the 40/40 prop valve from the integ or any other hondas w/ 4wheel discs setup...i also used the brake booster & master cylinder from an integ. what you can do is check on the body of the master cylinder on your car, it should have a casting of the size of the piston on the master cylinder...on my eg lx 4d, it came w/ 15/16 master cylinder (i believe the smaller standard honda size is 13/16 so check yours out). i would suggest getting both the brake booster & master cylinder from the same car so it'll prevent you from readjusting the brake booster activation push rod...yeah don't ask me how i know!!!
good luck...

this is good info. just to add, I didnt change my prop valve or booster and the brakes are the best Ive had on any car. I guess just do the swap first, then if the pedal is mushy, go for the rest....but you may not need it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts