Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to do a rear drum to disc conversion on my del Sol. All I need are just the rear brake lines. Does anybody know how long they need to be?

Thanks in advance.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,477 Posts
really? because nobody sells the kits huh? they need to be 6ft long on both sides, for maximum fluid capacity

·
4,477 Posts
6ft? Isn't that too long? I just need where it hooks up on the rear caliper that goes to that 10mm fitting
nah, 6ft is actually shorter than whats required. usually 8ft works best, as you can use a whole big bottle of brake fluid. no chance of boiling

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,833 Posts
^It can still boil, the fluid doesn't really move that much, just the back and forth motion of the pedal moves it but after you let go it is almost exactly where is was. The fluid at the caliper will still be extremely hot.

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,833 Posts
CARiD list the product dimensions for these (and they are a site sponsor so... bonus):

Dorman® H38731 - Rear Passenger Side Brake Hydraulic Hose

Total Length: 23.25"; End 1 Type/Size of Fitting: Banjo - 10mm; End 2 Type/Size of Fitting: Female - M10 x 1.0; Primary Segment 1 Length: 22.13"

REP ME!

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Fucking lazy searchers around here today.

I repped you, hard.

Or is it I repped you hard?

PHRASING!

·
4,477 Posts
^It can still boil, the fluid doesn't really move that much, just the back and forth motion of the pedal moves it but after you let go it is almost exactly where is was. The fluid at the caliper will still be extremely hot.
my sarcasm font didn't work? dammit, I still must spread rep I got whoshot finally

1 - 12 of 12 Posts