Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
civic
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my car has a really low idle at 500 rpm it kinda freks me out when the oil psi gets down to 5 or 10 psi. i've tried to use the idle screw on the front of the intake, i've tried to tighten up my throttle cable. when i adjusted my screw it did nothing at all. could it be something blocking the hole? it was a new tb gasket when i put it back on... any ideas? no retarded rev going up or down. just low a idle

·
Happy LiL Trees....
1,245 Posts
Idle can be as low as 620 rpm and be within spec. I have a digital rpm gauge and when it says 650 rpm, my tach on the dash looks to be at 500 rpm.

Also your oil pressure when hot while idling can be at 10, but I would worry if it's at 5 or below...

·
Registered
1995 Civic Coupe'
56 Posts
clogged fuel injectors could cause it n check all ur fluids. maybe a timing issue or something electrical but im not sure

·
Happy LiL Trees....
1,245 Posts
I don't think you really have a problem, unless your car just started to do this randomly. Go thru the setting the idle procedure found in the manual to do it right. once you set idle correct (with an accurate digital gauge), then check your timing and you should be good.

·
My 91 Crx Hf
97 Civic Coupe
2,164 Posts
my car does this sometimes. alittle blip of the throttle and it will stabilize around 800 or so, never come close to bogging/dying though. But if it really bothers you, you could get your ecu chipped with a set idle and basemap (might even pull stronger lol)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts