Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm getting ready to buy a carbon fiber dash kit for my car (the real kind), and i notice that they actually come in two different styles:

1) non lamimated
2) laminated (a glossy epoxy covering)

to me, i think i would actually like to be able to feel the carbon fiber texture, without the clear glossy epoxy covering. tell me what you guys think? should i go with number 1 or number 2?? thanks.

·
Registered
'91 CRX Si
2,158 Posts
#1 would be teh hotness

#2 would be dope as well, but not quite as dope

E

·
0 Posts
pbmatty said:
Its your car make your own decision
.......why even post if youre not gonna try contributing?

I say go with #1..The laminated ones dont look so great, well from the ones ive seen.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hmm... thanks for the input guys. i really appreciate it. i was also thinking of number 1 too before this post, because i've seen it on another car and it felt good cuz you can feel the texture, versus a laminated one.

i dont like any of the dash kits because they never seem to last long. I have a carbon fiber gauge bezel, and i've had to re-glue that like 3 times.
right now, i do have a carbon fiber gauge bezel and i had it in my car for over 2 months. it's not peeling off or anything, so i guess it just depends if you took the time to clean the plastic gauge thingy before applying the self-adhesive carbon fiber gauge bezel. but anyways, you can always buy another kit (if you have the money/time).

·
Ferio inspired
90' Civic sedan
2,441 Posts
i would rather have the laminated one, they usually have a UV coating. as long as it doesnt look like a bubble sticker that is:beer:

·
Registered
337 Posts
jobe_149 said:
i dont like any of the dash kits because they never seem to last long. I have a carbon fiber gauge bezel, and i've had to re-glue that like 3 times.
I've got the brushed aluminum on mine for like 2 years, and it's not budging at all...Laminated ones have the UV protection but not as nice lookin, I'd go with non-laminated

Attachments

·
Ferio inspired
90' Civic sedan
2,441 Posts
haha i have that kit in mine, no uv coating and it is peeling like a bitch since its only the sticker. looked ok for awhile but i am taking it back out.:beer:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts