Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
RE: Want to change my Skunk2 Pro S' for more comfort

Hi Guys,

I currently have skunk2 pro s coilovers on my car and the ride... lets just say is way too harsh for the amount of performance they give.

I'm looking to go back to a shock/spring combo that'll still give me decent cornering ability (better than stock) but wont make me need to go to the chiropracter every other day.

The car is a 94 civic lx 4dr stock weight, used for daily driving, will probably never see the track.

I'm coming from an s2k where the handling was "spirited" but in no way harsh and I'm looking for something similar. (obviously a civic isn't going to handle the same as an s2k but humor me)

I was thinking koni yellows with eibach springs?
How are kyb's and eibach's or any other setup?
Ultimately I'd like to spend less than $400, or trade for my skunk2's

Thanks in advance for the advice.

James

**P.S. I'm reading the stickies as we speak, maybe sway bars are in order**

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
you might laugh. but lowering springs/coils up front. stock everything on the rear = PWNS

·
Registered
646 Posts
I'm running Ground Controls with KYB AGX struts and they are awesome. On the softest setting they aren't much stiffer than a stock ride, but on the stiffest it corners great. The AGX's are adjustable. I have the older model AGX's which only have 4 levels of adjustment. I think the newer ones have a few more levels of adjustments.

·
Registered
same as above
861 Posts
kyb with eibach is decent and within your budget. only reason i ditched the eibachs was so my wheels would stop rubbing in the corners

·
Registered
48 Posts
ive heard and experienced that if u have the car sitting low enough so that ur lcas are pointing upwards it makes for an extremely unpleasurable ride. just my .02.

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
best spring to DD is Tein S-Tech. Its a soft ass ride. Paired with a nice shock like illuminas/AGXs that way if you want to throw it around you can stiffen them up

·
Registered
the short bus
1,065 Posts
eibach prokit with kyb agx. Nice drop and handles well with the option of adjusting

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks guys! I'm gonna throw the stockers on for now, and prolly pick up agx's and a spring combo once the sk2's sell.

·
Registered
ej1
19 Posts
I think I might do the same thing as you.

Currently, ride on RS-R race springs and SK2 shocks............the ride is horrible.

From reading this thread, I can clearly see an adjustable shock will definitely be suitable for my DD/weekend racer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts