Honda D Series Forum banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Update: rebuild starts, bought a good condition z6 short block, also bought a set of speedfactory no notch rods and a set of 75.5 vitara pistons, im gonna take the block to the machine shop for boring the cilinder to the vitaras, anybody knows what piston to wall clearance is for the 75.5 vitaras?i have no idea what to tell them for clearance, im aiming for 300+bhp

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,005 Posts
you give them the pistons, tell them what you want your piston to wall measurement to be and they will cut it that spec

·
Registered
5,878 Posts
Find the factory P-2-W spec, add 2-3 thousandths. Maybe look online at other builds, and see what worked for people.

Bring the rods with to the machine shop, have them balance them and check bore for accurate machining. Pistons will be there too, never a bad idea to balance EVERYTHING that rotates. Always ends with you having a smoother running engine that revs smoother, runs quieter, and generally makes more power and fuel economy.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Thanks for the answers i will tell them .003 p2w clearance, seems like thats the sweeetspot for everyone, for balancing: i have read the spec for speedfactory no notch rods and it says it balanced from factory, does it steel need balancing ?

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,005 Posts
were they balanced with your pistons attached?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
i will get it balanced with the pistons then, thanks for the info, about the ring gap : top ring: 0,26 middle 0.29 and not sure about the oil rail, that ring gaps are too loose, or can it be more tight?

·
Registered
5,878 Posts
There is a rule of thumb floating around the web, but I think its somewhere around 1 thoughs extra per 100 extra horsepower expected, or it may be a calculation of bore size and power expectation. I have not looked it up in quite awhile.

It is definitely something you NEED prior to machinist seeing your block

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
i decided to go with 17on 1st ring and 19 on second ring, i will leave the controlring as it is,as it should not expand anyone can confirm these ringgaps should be okay?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
just got my car tuned its running great but theres an issue, i cant build up more boost then 0.7bar,its a gt3076r turbo with 63ar,i reach 0.7bar at 5k rpm and stays steady up to 7.5k rpm rev limit, i tought first its my wastegate, i swapped another wastegate and it stayed the same,so i removed the wastegate and blocked off the wastegate hole in my manifold, went to a test drive but it still doesnt make more then 0.7bar, is the turbo simply too big for this engine? i have seen several peoples running gt30 with d16.

·
Registered
Waitress wanted
939 Posts
I like that ,gets it tuned then blocks off wastegate port...

must be a meme for that?

check your pipes!maybe a coupler slipped off ...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
I like that ,gets it tuned then blocks off wastegate port...

must be a meme for that?

check your pipes!maybe a coupler slipped off ...
i blocked off only temporary to see if it goes above 0.7bar, so i will know the wastegate is bad or not.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Theres no leak anywhere on both sides, im thinking that my intercooler isnt very big for the gt30, but it worked fine with gt28

41 - 56 of 56 Posts