Honda D Series Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Update: The turbo has knackered, it wont even boost anymore and bearing makes weird noises so its time for a new turbo, i just bought a copy gt2871r from ebay "i know its not the best idea" but i just want to sell the car now, will the car need re programming if turbo is swapped? is the copy turbo makes a lot of changes compared to the genuine garrett?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
is it only the Afr that will tells everything? i mean now with another turbo the boost timing wont be different?

·
Never finishes (TWSS)
1,831 Posts
Well it will tell you if you have more or less air flowing into the motor. If its lean you have more air and yes your timing may need to be pulled some depending on how much more power you are making. If its rich there is less air and may even be able to use more timing

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Okay, will update back when installed the new turbo, also i realized the turbo i bought it says Oil/water cooled, my garrett never had a water line installed, is it okay to just block the water line on the new turbo? or is a must to use it.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
3,944 Posts
it would help, but probably wouldn't hurt it.

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
It will help the turbo out the most directly after engine shutdown, when temps tend to skyrocket for a short time since the waterpump isnt flowing.

You can cheat a little bit, and unhook one coolant hose from your idle valve, run a line to and from the turbo, and hook back up. Just simply having the turbo inline with coolant will help overall.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #28

·
3,944 Posts
but is also says "restrictor-yes"

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Update: installed the turbo, took it for a test ride its definitely more laggier then the genuine garrett, car also feels slower on 1.2bar then before, afr shows around 10.9 at full boost so a bit lean, i bet its time to hit my tuner up

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Update: Was driving it hard then the car started to smoke from exhaust and catchcan a lot,also its like running on 3 cylinders, i bet the rings are shot, will update back after a compression test

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
compression test result:

1. 138psi
2. 120psi
3. 100psi
4. 0psi

Any ideas before i pull the head off?

·
3,944 Posts
bent valve or broken ring land

·
Registered
975 Posts
^ X2

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
It is a D series.

pull the valvecover, and check valve lash.

Very possible one of the adjusters loosened up big time and let lash get very loose.

Should still see SOME compression though, as you can hardly have lash gap huge without a good solid rattling in the valvetrain being audible over even the stereo cranked

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
took the head off then i found out that the 4th piston is missing a piece in the corner, looks like that cylinder didnt get enough fuel for some reason, im thinking that my injector couldnt deliver the fuel.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts