Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i know before the forum page there was a reallllly good how-to thread on painting your car. Everything from sanding it down to the paint and clear coat. I was wondering if that was saved anywhere and if that person who wrote it, could pm me or some how help me out here. Thanks guys. :TU:

·
the hard-parker
4,257 Posts
have you checked through all the DIY threads? it may not be listed on your screen right now, but go to the bottom. there will be a box that says something to the effect of "show threads from:" and scroll down to beginning. then go over and click on "show threads". this will give you all the pages of DIY threads that were posted. if it was in DIY, it'll be there. hope this helps!

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I just rattle canned my car, looks good enough for me.

·
the hard-parker
4,257 Posts
thanks man, although i've gotta give credit to i think it was dxmann that found it. :)

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
soooo.... sleepingrex, you know how to paint a car??? Any pointers or advice to give me, come spring time i'm giving it a shot.

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
i've never painted it myself, but when you decide to colorsand it... that I've done before. :)

And when you paint it yourself, believe me, you're going to want to colorsand it. You WILL have orange peel.

·
Registered
675 Posts
pointers when spraying a car, dont 2nd guess yourself you will end up with sags, when you do spray keep your wrist stiff and not swinging side to side you will end up with a really shitty paint job move the gun with your arm not your wrist. Also keep about a outstretched hand (from the thumb to the pinkie) distance from the car or it will either be to heavy and saggy looking (to close) or streaky, orange peel, etc(if you hold it to far away)

·
D-Series Destruction Master
6,710 Posts
Got Vtec? said:
I just rattle canned my car, looks good enough for me.
Pics? What brand/type of paint did you use?

My '88 Snatchback is primer black, and I'm thinking about painting it

·
Registered
675 Posts
yeah mine is flat black too it's like you see other people with it and it looks cool but when you do it yourself it makes your car look cheap and beater like hahah...on another note please dont rattle can your car any other color besides primer

·
Registered
345 Posts
I always feel like an ass when I don't document my projects (like when i painted my car, (black of all colors)). Yea, that link sonny gave is pretty good.

I found that practice is important when you start spraying. Practice your methods of body repair, priming and painting on an extra fender.... your car will thank you.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts