Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Civic ej2 coupe
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just been on pgmfi.org looking for info on self mapping a p28 for my mini-me project i'm carring out soon.
I'm completely lost tho i'm not in anyway understanding of computers or the like!!!:3dtard:
Has anyone done this before that can help me ??
Do i need to take the chip out and reprogram it somehow???HELP:(

·
Registered
1,514 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
If the op has trouble with computers, i think sending him to the nearest crome, neptune, hondata or ectune dealer might be the best option. I am all for self teaching, but sometimes you have to admit when you are in over your head.

or just run the ecu that matches the head, as boost freak mentioned.

·
Registered
Civic ej2 coupe
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I rep'd you dammit...
I have the p28 for the z6 but i'm not building JUST a mini-me i'm putting on a skunk2 intake manifold 4-2-1 manifold de-cat home porting the head and considering a bisi cam.
Thats why i wana remap it.Even witkout any mods i don't feel good leaving the standard ecu run a higher comp engine when the don't have a knock sensor to retard the timing if any detenation happens.

·
Registered
65 Posts
yeah, the intake and exhaust without a cat won't make too big a difference, but porting and a new cam should definitely put you into the realm of needing to worry about a tune.

·
Registered
68 Camaro
4,583 Posts
yeah, the intake and exhaust without a cat won't make too big a difference, but porting and a new cam should definitely put you into the realm of needing to worry about a tune.
plenty of people have run stage one cams and bolt ons without being tuned

a tune still isnt neccesary at this level

·
Registered
65 Posts
plenty of people have run stage one cams and bolt ons without being tuned
Yeah, I am sure he could get by without. I am one of "those" people that is of the mindset to not even bother unless you are gonna get tuned, though. But i am also one of those neurotics who torques every bolt I have specs for.. so to each his own.

·
Registered
Civic ej2 coupe
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm with you sani i'd rather OVER do things to be safe rather than wing it in the "a it'll be ok"section.
The cars gona be my daily so i need bullit proof reliability

1 - 9 of 9 Posts