Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
ej8
6,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i did search but i just need a confirmed answer.
Should i go with the Acura RDX 410cc injectors?
They are said to have the best atomization, and cost around $50 ea. shipped.
I look up the install, and from what i have read is all i need are the clips and 14mm to 11mm adapters.
I can get all parts from xenocron rdx

There price is good and i like the fact that i can buy one injectors at a time from an online dealer ship vs dropping $200-$300 at one time. Right now its easier for me to spend $60 a wk then $200 a month at one time. I can save money but its hard when your girl knows you have money and wants stuff.

So my questions are.

1.) Install. All i need is clips, 11mm-14mm adapter, Cut the tap at the top. Do i need different o-rings for the bottom where it goes into the intake manifold? Factory RDX or civic?

2.)Are they good injectors to get? I read something about them being a little slow and lagging some. But easy to fix just by changing the offset.

3.) Will they run on stock fuel psi? I read that to flow right they need 50psi vs stock 43ish.

Power goal is right around 200whp. I know they will flow that much. Just asking about the install and the injectors them self.

Yes i know i can get some RC injectors used for around $100 then pay about $40 to have them clean.(dsm for $60-$80).
But hell why not get new injectors for a little extra right?

Thanx for any help you can give.
Posted in FI because they will go on a turbo car.

·
Registered
ej8
6,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well most was on honda tech and some other civic forums. Here is the honda tech thread. Anyone using Acura RDX injectors?

I also read that some of the k guys have gotten 2-3hp just by chaning the injectors because they atomize better.
Also i contacted Chris from xenocron and asked what all was needed and he said "That’s it, just the top hats and the injector clips".

I also found some pix by digging around on the net here are some of other people installs and fitment.

attached pix.

The red part is the spacer.(comes in red or blue) Second pix show the clips for obd2 and the spacer part.

3rd pix show how they fit in a 14mm fuel rail. You can see that there is a gap around the bottom of the injector. There lower o-ring seals inside of the manifold so it doesnt leak from there. But the 4th pix shows someone that was a little worried about it leaking so they bored out a stock o-ring and put it on.

I ordered mines from Delray Acura - Online Acura Parts Store $50.12 shipped for one. Combined shipping if you order more. $39.17ea.

yea i jsut ordered one for now will order another next wk and so on till i got four then will order adapters then clip kit.

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Civic Hatch
1,757 Posts
is the RDX the turbocharged SUV?

Not sure if its direct injected or not, but if it is, generally on those set ups a higher fuel pressure is run in conjunction with the injectors to attain the better atomization.

So in order to take advantage of the injectors completely, you might want to look into that and see if they run at a particular Base pressure.

Like I said, im not totally sure on this with the RDX, but this is pretty common across the industry, at least with direct injection.

·
Registered
ej8
6,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
is the RDX the turbocharged SUV?

Not sure if its direct injected or not, but if it is, generally on those set ups a higher fuel pressure is run in conjunction with the injectors to attain the better atomization.

So in order to take advantage of the injectors completely, you might want to look into that and see if they run at a particular Base pressure.

Like I said, im not totally sure on this with the RDX, but this is pretty common across the industry, at least with direct injection.

Yep its the turbo suv. I was reading about the fuel psi problem and all said that its not a problem. They said they use 50psi, but the stock honda 43ish will work.

Also found a few other people running them on stock psi with no problem. And if i can find the injector rehab that someone had of them I will post that up.

*edit found*

Full thread at onecamonly

·
Registered
92 Civic Hatch
1,757 Posts
Yep its the turbo suv. I was reading about the fuel psi problem and all said that its not a problem. They said they use 50psi, but the stock honda 43ish will work.
edit: nice find on the flow map, ive been trying to search for the RDX OEM fuel pressure, but not having any luck.

·
Registered
ej8
6,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
edit: nice find on the flow map, ive been trying to search for the RDX OEM fuel pressure, but not having any luck.
yea sometimes i have to search for hrs before i can find what i am looking for. normally i do 4-5hr searching to gather all the information.

·
Registered
92 Civic Hatch
1,757 Posts
yea sometimes i have to search for hrs before i can find what i am looking for. normally i do 4-5hr searching to gather all the information.
Well you seem on the right track!

Ive noticed, the RDX injector casings look very similar to Injector Dynamics....
Wonder whats up with that?

·
Registered
ej8
6,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well you seem on the right track!

Ive noticed, the RDX injector casings look very similar to Injector Dynamics....
Wonder whats up with that?
yea they also look like the srt4. Im guessing its just the new thing make everything the same for all the new cars or something.

·
Registered
civic
130 Posts
the rdx casings and injector dynamics casings are the same as they are both bosch injectors just that the injector dynamics ones are alot bigger ie 1000cc rather than 440s
hope that helps
-si-

·
Registered
765 Posts
Over at onecamonly.com there have been members working with RDX injectors since 2008. The injectors work very well and yes, they will add as much as 5hp due to their atomization. You will have to tune the vehicle for the injectors due to the fact that they flow much more fuel that the 240 cc stock injectors.

Here is a link to a very informative thread about the RDX injectors:

RDX Injector Info - onecamonly.com

·
Registered
ej8
6,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Over at onecamonly.com there have been members working with RDX injectors since 2008. The injectors work very well and yes, they will add as much as 5hp due to their atomization. You will have to tune the vehicle for the injectors due to the fact that they flow much more fuel that the 240 cc stock injectors.

Here is a link to a very informative thread about the RDX injectors:

RDX Injector Info - onecamonly.com
yea thats the thread i linked. And yes i know they need to be tuned. Its a trurbo setup so it will all be tuned.

·
Formerly weebeastie
1,060 Posts
I looked at your link for the RDX's from Xenocron, but I see that they still don't sell the bottom (intake manifold side) adapters. Rosko Racing used to have them, and I know of one other company that will be producing them as well. :clap:

PM me if want to know more

·
Registered
ej8
6,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I looked at your link for the RDX's from Xenocron, but I see that they still don't sell the bottom (intake manifold side) adapters. Rosko Racing used to have them, and I know of one other company that will be producing them as well. :clap:

PM me if want to know more
chris at xenoncron said the bottom side adapters are not needed. the bottom o-ring of the rdx will seal in the hole for the intake manifold.
There will be a gap were the factory honda o-ring sits on the manifold. but it looks like people have solved that by just trimming down a stock thick oring and putting it there.
The pix i posted show what im talking about im probably not explaining it to well. 3rd and 4th pic.

here. repost to be bigger pix.

Sealing

·
Registered
9 Posts
Great info, what kind of adapter do I need to put them on my D16Y8? or is just plug and play?

·
Registered
ej8
6,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Great info, what kind of adapter do I need to put them on my D16Y8? or is just plug and play?
the top adapters, wiring clips, and some stock injector bored out intake manifold o-ring.

I ordered my injector already. And will probably order the adapters this Friday. Just trying to finish up my turbo build. I also got me a compressor flange for my turbo to intercooler, so now i can start my intercooler piping. But thats going to be about it ill be out of money to play with for a wk or 2.

·
Registered
92 Civic Hatch
1,757 Posts
I ordered my injector already. And will probably order the adapters this Friday. Just trying to finish up my turbo build.
Very Nice man!

I just ordered injectors yesterday as well, except mine are ID 1000's :D

That why I picked up on the casings being the same I suppose lol

Need more pics of said build!

·
Registered
ej8
6,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Link in my sign. I am about to update it will some better high res pix. Made that thread with cell pix. Im a lil more then half way there. Need injectors, fuel management (aem fic or crome). Intercooler piping, and spark plugs. Then it should be ready to go. Its just crap keeps coming up. My alternator belt broke yesterday. My oil pan is leaking i hope its just the gasket, but i will find out this wkend when i get to it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
i thought atomization was based on the fuel/oxygen mixture. i dont think getting injectors alone will improve horsepower.
Right, but is like the pressure washers, you change the tip and the atomization changes, maybe they improved the atomization on this injectors

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.