Honda D Series Forum banner
41 - 60 of 132 Posts
Discussion starter · #43 ·
D-series vitara builds are $1,750 shipped anywhere to the U.S, with a core. Bottom ends come complete with oil pump, and oil pans already installed. All you need to do is start it up, break it in and get it tuned.

Im wondering about a warranty. And what is the core charge?

↑↑what he said and i suppose a y7 or y8 bottom would not be accepted as a core block?

that is a great price for a professionally built bottom end- i think i spent about the same on my y8 bottom (and i didn't put sleeves in!)and a crap load of time building/checking... awesome idea!

Discussion starter · #48 · (Edited)
As for flatness, and deck surface. Everything is checked prior to building the blocks, if the blocks don't pass inspection and clearance, the block is not used. These blocks are shipped to your door, with an oil pan and oil pump assembled, all you need to do is literally toss a timing belt on, head and start it up.

Discussion starter · #49 ·
hmm, this is a good option for a lot of people. including me, since taxes in cali hit very very hard.
We've done the math, we've got it all calculated on paper. If you were to piece everything together, and get it done at a local shop, you'd be getting charged the same. If you have a local ( good engine building ) this option and product might not be ideal, but for the people that are in boofu, and have no import engine builder around, this is ideal.

Warranty ,that's a good question, I answered it below, as for the core, a z6 or a6 block is preferred, and we'd knock $200 to $350 off the base price depending on the condition of the block and crank.

Good question, if anything were to happen with the block you would send it back and we'd check it out. We stand by our products and workmanship, but you guys also have to remember these are pre-built race setup blocks. A warranty will only cover so much, and if we decide that it was a failure due to the customer, it won't be covered. We've built countless number of blocks, and never once had an issue.

Great Block!!!

I have a z6 block recently ordered by Bob at RCAutoworks and I will start off by saying that the quality was outstanding. My block was a z6/vitara/FJ I-Beams setup. It held a respective 18psi on the dyno and had 276whp/216ft LBS of TQ. It could have been pushed harder if i would have had larger injectors, so i have not even seen the full potential of the block. (I will post up a writeup on my build soon....) for the money, this is a great deal that RCautoworks is offering. You have the ability to order your block and have a quick turn around on your order. Most of the time this process could take weeks to get through. I highly recommend their work to anyone :bigok::bigok:

On another note, i would like to touch on the customer service over at RCautoworks. Bob its a good guy to deal with and will assist you with any issues or questions you may have. I have called on numerous occasions and whoever answerer's the phone will do whatever they can to assist you.

If there are any questions at all feel free to PM me!

ok kewl. thanks for the response :bigok: I will def be considering this. Im picking up a z6 block this Tuesday, I may be sending it your way lol. We will see lol

So 1750 - core charge or 1750 is including the core charge already taken out?

So 1750 - core charge or 1750 is including the core charge already taken out?
i believe he meant it was 1750 - core charge.....i could be completely wrong though lol

So... seeing as this is bumped, I'm assuming this is still happening? No interest for the past 6 months?

Looking to get a z6 sleeved block price - I have no core exchange though. I have pistons/rods/rings that I previously purchased and could ship in for assembly if possible.

So... seeing as this is bumped, I'm assuming this is still happening? No interest for the past 6 months?

Looking to get a z6 sleeved block price - I have no core exchange though. I have pistons/rods/rings that I previously purchased and could ship in for assembly if possible.
Yes we still offer this service. Do want assembly included in the price as well?

41 - 60 of 132 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.