Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So we'd like to take this time out and introduce our new manifold design that has been in the works. This first series will be for the h22 engines ( yes these ill be produced for d-series motors as well ) . I'll go over a few main benefits of this design and if anyone has any questions afterwords feel free to ask.

You have two basic designs offered right now for the h22, the ram horn, which if not built for the setup, the runners will run into the hood/head and the turbo will slap into the alternator.These two big issues make it a pain to build this type of design for this motor/chassis setup.

The other design is the mini ram, although its a good design and does perform, the main issue you will see with the h22 setups and a mini ram is boost creep. You're average h22 setups will see about 5-8psi, if you take a look at a mini ram you will notice how short the runner length is between runner number 2 and 3. This short distance from the head/collector makes holding boost steady very hard. On a normal occasion with a well placed 44mm wastegate, you will see about 2-3psi of boost creep on a stock head. So if you have an h22 setup with a built head ( cams, valves ect... ) it will be even worse.

So we have come up with this design that takes the best of both worlds. This manifold is capable of putting down big numbers like a ram horn, but also has very good placement of the turbo and fitment like a mini ram. We took a look at a lot of drag setups where the turbo faces forward, and the runners come straight out. We knew that a forward facing manifold on a street driven car wasn't obtainable, so we came up with the next best thing.

·
Registered
my Skateboard
1,945 Posts
That is a great lookin mani right there!! I had been thinkin about the design of a "miniram" like this, it's awesome to see someone actually do it, and seem to do it right.

·
Registered
228 Posts
looks great cant wait to see the d-series one!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts