Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are awesome for guys looking to vent out the block, an to weld on some fittings for the valve cover, or make your own catch can.

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
the one the goes on the back of the block, how will that be able to vent??? right now i just have the black box, with a fitting tapped into the back of it.. but where my pcv valve was located, i just had plugged off, but there was oil seeping out of it.. let me know thanks. and how much just for that one fitting?

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the one the goes on the back of the block, how will that be able to vent??? right now i just have the black box, with a fitting tapped into the back of it.. but where my pcv valve was located, i just had plugged off, but there was oil seeping out of it.. let me know thanks. and how much just for that one fitting?
D-series are a little different, but the objective is to plug the pcv black box, and use the oil return passeges to vent the system.

Which fitting are you speaking of ? The one with the logo, or the other two ?

·
Registered
^
3,347 Posts
How does this work?

Looks interesting :) I dont want to use the black box.

My friend gave me this thing he said I can plug this into the black box hole (when I remove the black box) for a Catch Can drain back system (or somrthing like that)

Ill post pics when I get home today

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How does this work?

Looks interesting :) I dont want to use the black box.

My friend gave me this thing he said I can plug this into the black box hole (when I remove the black box) for a Catch Can drain back system (or somrthing like that)

Ill post pics when I get home today
He probably gave you a freeze plug, the piece with our logo on it replaced it.

·
formerly Kit88
ek hatch
6,233 Posts
just plug the black box ???

how the vent the block then???

I´m interested.

I just put another fitting on my catch cand and connect the black box to it.

Is this ok??

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry its setup a little different on the d-series, this plug with the RC logo would go in place of the box, then you run that to a catch can.

·
Registered
^
3,347 Posts
Sorry its setup a little different on the d-series, this plug with the RC logo would go in place of the box, then you run that to a catch can.

That looks nice :)

So the opposite two would connect to a catch can? And that is just venting the block correct?

Would I need a seperate catch can to vent the head?

(Sorry Im a newb when it comes to pcv system)

·
formerly Kit88
ek hatch
6,233 Posts

price for this 3 fittings please, any combo price for the fittings hose and catch can ???

·
Registered
182 Posts
I think you guys are thinking to hard about a Breather set-up.....In the pic where the plug is that has the RC logo is normally where our Black Box is on D-series motors. This is the only fitting you need for an External Breather System to be added. I'm a noob also, so please correct me if I'm wrong.

P.S. The above pic supplied is of a B-series block.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
price for this 3 fittings please, any combo price for the fittings hose and catch can ???
Yes send me an IM.

I think you guys are thinking to hard about a Breather set-up.....In the pic where the plug is that has the RC logo is normally where our Black Box is on D-series motors. This is the only fitting you need for an External Breather System to be added. I'm a noob also, so please correct me if I'm wrong.

P.S. The above pic supplied is of a B-series block.
You're right, I just stated that up above. The d series only use the place where the breather box should be.

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
hmmm, so i could acually just use one of the fittings thats threaded, and stick that where the black box was... are they o-ringed also like the freeze plug, and fit snug... if so, price on one of those threaded black fittings, since the d series only has one spot for it to go instead of 2 like the bseries.

·
formerly Kit88
ek hatch
6,233 Posts
^Now I´m confused.

Can we see one pic of the plugs on a d-engine ???

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
^Now I´m confused.

See the RC logo plug in the picture, thats the only port you guys would use, but instead of the RC plug, you'd just use a fitting with a -10 on the other end.

·
Registered
182 Posts
^Now I´m confused.

Shoot RC a PM and tell them to send me a fitting for Testing and Fitment, and then I will post pics of it on my D-series block to clear everything up for everyone! :yes:

·
Registered
Civic
646 Posts
can u pm me a price on the fiting for the black box, also I will need a 1/2 to 10an fitting to put in the other end of the catch can.

·
Registered
96,97,92 hatch
645 Posts
SO then bascially with this set up you can also run a hose from the VC to the catch can along with the hose coming off from the back of the block. Correct?

1 - 20 of 64 Posts