Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a d16z6 in my 92 hatch. i just installed an rc auto works ram horn manifold. i was just wonder if anyone elts has this manifold or other ramhorns that have hood fitment issues. I ask cuz i have a vis carbon hood an it is really close to the ram horn. VIS Carbon Fiber Hood - Invader Style for 92-95 Honda Civic at Andy's Auto Sport
that is the hood i have. didnt no if anyone elts was having this problem. thanks.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it is not hitting but. its close enough that i can push the hood just a little an it will hit. wich make me think when under a load it will hit.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
does or does not the motor move alittle under high torque. i was thinking the motor would tilt up an hit.

·
They call me Awesome!
4,447 Posts
put some good solid motor mounts in there and the motor shouldnt move enough to let the manifold hit the hood
Bingo, I'd even go so far as to say if you did filled motor mounts it won't rotate enough to hit.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for the fast help guys. ive got innovative mounts so it should hold pretty solid just wasnt sure if this was a normal thing. i header wrapped the ram horn and i may even try a peace of heat sheild tape on the under side of the hood. an just hope i dont melt the carbon. that will suck. an my hood looks like it might even be a little taller then the stock one but if you guys arnt having any trouble with the stock hood maybe ill try to trade for one.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
i think your manifold is telling you to get rid of your hood...

·
Registered
340 Posts
those engine torque shock thingies that mount to the strut tower should work in this situation. the way the are normally mounted it should prevent [control] movement in exactly the direction you are worried about.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts