Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok im putting my rc 440s in and cant get them to fit good..they have a little grove right on the tip where the factory oring will fit but the tip sits right under the oring where the factory ones sit down about 1/2 farther into the manifold... i tighnted them down to where the bolt stopped and there tight, you cant twist them if you wanted to like all the stock ones..my main concern is are they supposed to sit on the tip where the little ridge is or do i need to ream out a oring to get it to go on the bigger part where they will sit down farther.. o ya car is a 00 ex witha y8 and y8 manifold

·
Registered
75 Posts
ok im putting my rc 440s in and cant get them to fit good..they have a little grove right on the tip where the factory oring will fit but the tip sits right under the oring where the factory ones sit down about 1/2 farther into the manifold... i tighnted them down to where the bolt stopped and there tight, you cant twist them if you wanted to like all the stock ones..my main concern is are they supposed to sit on the tip where the little ridge is or do i need to ream out a oring to get it to go on the bigger part where they will sit down farther.. o ya car is a 00 ex witha y8 and y8 manifold
First, are you sure these injectors are for a D?

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was unaware there was a difference in b or ds.. I actually got it figured out,I used some eg orings which are deeper and drilled them out with a dremal to allow them to go over the fat part of the injector, this allowed it to sit farther into the manifold which I fell better about

·
Registered
91 CRX Si
4,454 Posts
I had the same problem with my RC's. Sucks because I drilled a couple o-rings a little too much. So they are kinda loose. Grrrr.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts