Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
Honda City
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I have one negative review thread in the forum, I thought I might as well appreciate some good service sent my way by someone. Lots more of these threads coming up, hopefully none more of the other type.

I had bought a DIY ramhorn manifold kit about 6 months ago. Wasn't going turbo immediately, just started collecting parts in advance. The kit, if I remember, was for 240 USD. Talked with Bob over PM for a couple of days to confirm everything (flanges) and sent the money. This was for the unpolished set as the polished one cost a little bit more and I'm not really a sucker for good looking engine bays, more about functionality. So anyways, forgot about it for a couple of weeks since I wasn't in a hurry and trusted Bob since he was a site sponsor.

A few weeks later, had a big consignment coming my way and could get the manifold kit along with it. Since Bob hadn't shipped the kit yet, he apologised to me for the delay and upgraded my order to a polished kit for free and shipped it immediately.

Upon receiving the kit, I just kept it in storage without really checking. A few weeks later while I was going through his DIY kits sale thread, I noticed that I had the shorter collector instead of the longer one. PM'd Bob who asked me to count the number of elbows in the box. Turned out to be a mini-Ram kit instead of the full one. So what does he do? He ships me the rest of the remaining parts, again polished, with the taller collector, for free. And I get to keep the shorter collector because it's not really feasible to ship a single collector back internationally. Another 50$ value there.

Thanks to the good service, I ended up taking a set of the limited D15 rods from him and will probably be buying a downpipe plus whatever else I can buy. Bob is a genuine businessman and RC Autoworks ftw!

·
Registered
99 Hatch
1,348 Posts
good to hear,

I have the same issue you have but on a smaller level. Shipping to Canada isn't too expensive but it takes time at the border and is about double the cost of shipping something within the US. When there’s an issue the first thing the company always says is "just ship it back"....not the easiest thing to do. Shipping takes weeks or you pay out the ass. It's really nice to see that they went ahead and shipped out the remaining pieces for free and didn't want you to send yours back and then wait till they got it then ship out the new one, which would have taken months.

·
Registered
92 Civic Hatch
1,757 Posts
Sometimes they take a while to get stuff done, but Rc treats customers pretty well, no denying that!

·
Registered
841 Posts
Well its good to here that your happy with them. RC and go autoworks are 2 of the best companys to get parts/misc items off of IMO.

I seen you didnt have the best of luck with bisi, but atleast RC treated ya well.

·
Registered
same
1,881 Posts
great to know. I'm glad to see that our site sponsors take care of us when shit happens. guys like this will be in business for a long time with customer service like that. looks like I will be giving them a call when its time to go and buy all my parts for my z6 build

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Bob is the Bees KNees in customer service. PLus he has a wicked beard! what more can you ask for?

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Thanks for the review, we'll be the first to tell people that in the past a few things have taken a while to get there. We were aware of this, we made a few tweaks at work to help us be more organize and keep parts flowing out the door quicker.

·
Premium Member
Honda City
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Honestly in this case, I didn't care if it took a little longer. I was in no hurry at all. What I really wanted to point out was how you took care of a customer after you made a mistake; instead of personally attacking me LOL.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Honestly in this case, I didn't care if it took a little longer. I was in no hurry at all. What I really wanted to point out was how you took care of a customer after you made a mistake; instead of personally attacking me LOL.
As I tell new customers that ask about our warranty policy in house, my reply back is we man up to our work, if we screw something up, we're gonna fix it and its gonna come out of our pocket. The same goes for online orders, if its something that we screwed up on, you're dam right we're gonna fix it to make it right, even if that includes loosing money by sending out another product, or an upgraded version of that product . In this case it was the polished option.

:bigok:

·
Registered
309 Posts
As I tell new customers that ask about our warranty policy in house, my reply back is we man up to our work, if we screw something up, we're gonna fix it and its gonna come out of our pocket. The same goes for online orders, if its something that we screwed up on, you're dam right we're gonna fix it to make it right, even if that includes loosing money by sending out another product, or an upgraded version of that product . In this case it was the polished option.

:bigok:
wheres the like button when u need it

·
Premium Member
1,952 Posts
I try to pass business to RC as much as possible. If I find a part I'm going to buy somewhere, and RC isn't that much more price-wise or comes close to it; I try to keep the money there. For wear-items I usually just give them a call first anyway and order it over the phone.

I have a complete custom-fab turbo kit from Bob. I noticed a slight defect when I first got it, and it was taken care of on-the-spot the same day; later the manifold cracked at the wastegate neck due to the usual fatigue and heat that part of the manifold sees. Brought it back in, and they took care of it and re-braced it for free; no questions asked.

All future welding work will certainly go to RC; as well as re-working my manifold for an A/C setup next year.

We all drive racecars (because racecar), and all our parts will eventually fatigue and break. Anyone can sell you something; the difference is, with RC you have the extra 'insurance' that you won't be left stranded if something does go wrong.

Also, the couch upstairs in the loft with the video camera aimed at it is proof positive of the hoops these folks will jump through to please customers.

·
Registered
92 vx hatch
95 Posts
I really liked this story. It really says something about a company who is willing to make compensations for a mistake like that. Honestly, since your international he could do nothing and get away with it. Not to mention in an economy like this..

·
Registered
96 ej8
651 Posts
Good job RCA! If you don't take care of your customers, somebody else will, and by the looks of it Bob is fully aware of that.

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
just got my performer-x from bob!!!!!

thank you very much, RCautowrks just got a lifetime customer here

1 - 20 of 23 Posts