Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought these rc 750cc injectors from a guy at work and i was wondering if i can use my resitor box with them rc's??im using my 450cc injectors now on my 91 civic with a dohc zc motor?? is there a way i can test them too see if they are low inpendent???thanks

·
Certified O.G.
5,605 Posts
I think the 750's don't use the resistor box.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Ohm meter
x2, didnt you already ask this?

just put an ohm meter on it, hook the multimeter leads to the injector pins (polarity doesnt matter), high impedance injectors (no resistor box) will be in double digits, low resistance (need resistor box) will be as low as 2ohms.

if you dont have a multimeter buy one, you'll need it for the rest of your life. harbour freight has some as cheap as $3

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
The rcs are saturated while your 450s are peak and hold so u will have to take the resistor box out
He should be able to figure this out at this point lol Thats why i left my first comment so blunt....

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I bought one today and what setting do I put it on? The meter has lots of different setting?

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok so i tested....no resistor box needed ..but i have another question ??will i be able to install them injectors and start the car??or will it be a problem??i just wanted to have everything ready for tuner to tune?

·
Classic Man
16,355 Posts
it wont run properly at all

you just nearly doubled the injector size. how do you tihnk your engine is going to appreciate getting twice as much fuel as it wants?

it wont like it.

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
He was using 450s.

I wonder if he is ODB0 or ODB1 and how ODB0 will idle with injectors over about 500cc/min

1 - 16 of 16 Posts