Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
a city truck
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
check this out guys, ever since i put that y8 im on, my car has made this rattling sound sometimes when i accerate, decelerate. or when i rev, does anyone know what that sound is?? i thought it might have something to do with the trans, but it does it in neutral too. i also have a small vacume leak from a shitty im gasket, i'm waiting on one to come from stateside. i guess my question is, is that sound coming from that leak, or what is happening with my engine? anyone???

·
ridin on rotas
1,980 Posts
turn your car on, get under your hood and rev up your car and see if you can find the rattling. it could be anything from a loose bolt, to the IM hitting something, to a washer sitting on the IM.

·
Banned
3,428 Posts
have you tried looking at some of the simple stuff like the heat shields, if there are any..?

·
Registered
a city truck
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
didn't put what back on, the lower bolt in the middle of the im, yeah i did after you left, didn't want to take any chances with it

·
Registered
a city truck
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
alright, same shit. it's getting on my fuckin nerves now, it only happens at 3000rpms, accelerating or decelerating. it's nothing loose, and it's really weird b/c i was doing work on my car, listening to the radio and my battery died, so i jumped it and the noise stopped. the next day i was just fuckin around and i gunned it and the noise started again. anybody know wtf is going on?

:edit: and it's coming from the drivers side of the engine compartment

S

·
0 Posts
its funny, i had the same problem about a year ago on my 98 civic ex. but the rattle was around 5.5k and up, and i couldnt figure out wtf it was for nothin. i took it to honda and it turns out i had a lose alternator bolt

·
Registered
141 Posts
if you got air intake you might wanna check that, i thought my engine was making a knocking noise but the intake pipe was banging against the strut tower

B

·
0 Posts
same thing happened to my y8 missing alternator bolt.sonded like lma's though

·
Adia's Daddy
2004 Honda Element
3,364 Posts

LOL sorry had to do it :D

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts