Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Honda Civic
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My car makes this weird rattle when I take off in first gear. It sounds like it's coming from the front, but that's all I can tell.

I had recently changed the clutch, and had no issues after replacing it. Drove it a lot on the streets to try to break it in. I took my car to Willow Springs Big Willow yesterday and I spun out on the downhill section. Went over the curbing and into the dirt. The bottom hit the curbing (around the middle of the car), but all I saw was some body panel scraping and that was all.

But the noise just started today as I was driving home from work. Didn't happen on the way to the track, during my track time (after the spin off too), or on the way home from the track. It sounds like something is grinding right when I get to the top of the clutch pedal stroke as I come off the clutch.

·
Registered
Ek sedan
382 Posts
So did the rattle start before you changed the clutch or after? or just after you crashed it? Its hard to tell with how you worded things.

·
Registered
Honda Civic
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry about that. It just started today actually. Like, right when I left work. Didn't make a sound the whole way home from the track, or on the way to work today. I changed my clutch last week.

·
Registered
Honda Civic
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After driving a bit more, I discovered it only happens right at the top of the clutch pedal stroke when I'm coming off the clutch. It sounds like something is binding/grinding.

·
Registered
Honda Civic
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I got curious and checked my tranny fluid. I was low… XD I filled it when the car was still on jack stands, not on the ground. So I put fluid in and all is well.

·
Registered
Honda Civic
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol I thought it was the heat shield too, but nothing rattled when I was hitting the exhaust with a rubber mallet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts