Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So my friend installed some energy bushings and a short shifter for my eg hatch with a d16y8. After a few days with it I begin to hear a lot of rattle noises in 1st 3rd and 5th gears. (rattling might have started earlier, I listen to music kinda loud so i might not have heard it in the beginning) The rattling gets kinda loud and annoying. My friend says its the exhaust interfering with the short shifter and thats whats causing the vibrations/ noise. What should I do? When im in 5th on the freeway, it rattles a lot when my foot is on the gas but softens a bit when the gas is pressed.

·
Registered
same
1,892 Posts
It's hitting the exhaust. See if you can't either make an indentation in the pipe or bend the hangers to drop the exhaust a few mills to clear. This is very common with short shifters and say larger exhausts.

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,833 Posts
It's hitting the exhaust. See if you can't either make an indentation in the pipe or bend the hangers to drop the exhaust a few mills to clear. This is very common with short shifters and say larger exhausts.
x2

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,833 Posts
You can usually bend some of the exhaust hangers or weld on ones that are a hair longer so you can have the clearance needed. Get underneath and see how much room you will need.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts