Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
98 Civic CX
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
out of sheer idiotic curiosity, would it be possible to use the lifters and such out of a y5 and put them into a y7?
i tried doing some searches here and on google, but no luck. would have just tried to fit them on my spare head, but kinda hard when there is a 300+ mile difference between my location and the parts...
so, any thoughts?

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
im not positive but im thinking no. but if you try it let us all know for sure!

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,798 Posts
out of sheer idiotic curiosity, would it be possible to use the lifters and such out of a y5 and put them into a y7?
Our motors don't have lifters.

·
Registered
98 Civic CX
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Our motors don't have lifters.
well whatever the hell they are called, the ones in the y5 head have these roller things, which seems like they would allow for a more aggressive cam profile then the y7 rockers.
damn, will have to wait until wednesday wen i get home...

·
Registered
98 Civic CX
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
rocker arms perhaps?
yeah, I corrected myself in the post before you. the only reason I ask is because I'm going to be throwing a bisimoto stg2 camshaft in a spare cylinder head next week before I put it on my y7, and I happen to have a y5 engine laying around, and thought that it might be interesting.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
try it and see...dont think it'd work, otherwise every1 would probably do so

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,798 Posts
roller tip rockers require a different cam profile.....not compatible.

·
Registered
98 Civic CX
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
97 honda coupe
7,611 Posts
the entire intake side will fit off the y5's. but the exhaust side you can only get one on per cylinder. the other one will still have to be cast iron (AFAIK on a z6 head, y8 im unsure). As bone said before you would need a new cam profile but... you can still use them on a stock cam just the timing wont be as aggressive as it could be. just like using roller lifters on a v8 chevy in place of the stock mushroom heads.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts