Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought a 94 EJ1 with 213k on the clock runs great but i discovered it was leaking, not alot but it was leaking. I lifted the car up and just behind the passenger wheel a hose is disconnected pointing to the ground, Anyone know what this could be ?
I think its the power steering because it only leaks when the car is on! Any help would be appriciated

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,104 Posts
pics would be helpful. hose on passenger side pointing straight down, bet its the drain for the a/c

·
4,104 Posts
I bet if you follow the hose to it's source you'll find out what's leaking.
listen, we don't like people using logic around here. keep your witchcraft to yourself.

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
???? pass side but you think its power steering which is on the driver side?

You really didnt give enough information.

But i bet 100%
your talking about the ac drain hose. Should drip clear water when and after the car has been running with ac on.

If you dont return then i know i was correct. :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
pics would be helpful. hose on passenger side pointing straight down, bet its the drain for the a/c
ill take some when i get home, ive never ran the ac in my car so it couldn't be that(correct me if im wrong)
ill put a piece of paper under it to see what color the fluid and go from there.. if its power steering i dont feel like fucking with it so ill just take it out

·
4,104 Posts
would also be helpful to know where exactly the hose is. directly behind the wheel? on the firewall? slightly set back from the firewall? thick hose? thin hose? charcoal canister breather? sunroof drain tube?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

But i bet 100%
your talking about the ac drain hose. Should drip clear water when and after the car has been running with ac on.

in the 2 hondas ive had ive never had anything leak(the ej1 being my third) but they also had no powersteering which made me come to that conclusion..

its deff not clear because it stains the ground and its quite oily

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
would also be helpful to know where exactly the hose is. directly behind the wheel? on the firewall? slightly set back from the firewall? thick hose? thin hose? charcoal canister breather? sunroof drain tube?
its resting on the lower control arm,Fairly thin and frayed at the end like it was tugged and pulled on alot or a scrap hose

However when i got the car there was a massive amount of water in the drivers floor ..could that have anything to do with the sunroof drain..and no it wasn't a flood car the passenger side is all dry which i found weird

·
4,104 Posts
yeah, sunroof drain could be clogged. heater core could leak. windshield could be re-sealed.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah, sunroof drain could be clogged. heater core could leak. windshield could be re-sealed.

But i bet 100%

Some cars turn the AC on automatically when you run the windshield defrost. Also sunroof drains are located at all 4 wheels.

Not sure about you guys but im almost 100% thats powersteering fluid, i wiped my hand across the rack and got a red oil reused...

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,833 Posts
AC drain. It's just the water hitting the oil from the leaking rack on the frame. It may have some oil residue in the hose from it leaking and then going 70+mph down the road will force oil/fluid up into things it hits.

·
Registered
EG8
1,055 Posts

This is the PS diagram.

Like Beer said, you likely have a seal in your PS rack that's leaking onto that hose...

Leaks are easier to detect if you clean everything first then try to spot what's wet again after a short drive.

Is your passenger side boot wet as well?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

This is the PS diagram.

Like Beer said, you likely have a seal in your PS rack that's leaking onto that hose...

Leaks are easier to detect if you clean everything first then try to spot what's wet again after a short drive.

Is your passenger side boot wet as well?
No everything lower then the axle is drenched in ps fluid :S

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
spray engine degreaser on that and rinse it off really good within a few minutes.

it will eat at hoses if left on them

1 - 17 of 17 Posts