Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just mounted my wastegate to the manifold, and with the way the turbo HAS to fit (it has to go like this because of the DP), the wastegates vaccum nipple nearly rest on the exhaust side of the turbo.....

I also have to cut off the old dumptube and reroute it because the way it is now, wont let the downpipe even bolt up.

here are some pictures of how close the vacuum nipple is...

is it possible to unbolt all of the screws on top of the wastegate and simply turn it so the vacuum nipple isnt sitting near it anymore?

thanks

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
nevermind.......my dumbass mounted the turbo on the wrong way.

my bad, sorry for wasting thread space..

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, well, turns out that i had it mounted wrong so i turned it around and the compressor didnt clear the block nor slave cylinder.

so i had to turn it back around, so now i still have that problem with the wastegate....i was thinking i could just run it the other way and route the dump right next to the compressor housing. But now i have to cut up my downpipe and rotate it the other way.

but just out of curiousity, is the vacuum nipple too close to the hot side if the turbo if i mounted the wastegate like that?

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If it fits its fine...Shouldnt matter how close it is
doesnt that get pretty hot though? it just under 1/4" away from it......wont it melt the vac line?

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well, it looks like ill just run the wastegate on that side then......it will be easier to run the dump that way.

thanks guys for the help.

i appreciate it :TU:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts