Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on building a 280-300whp SOHC-t and was planning on using just a flanged CX manifold, but recently came upon a pretty nice looking ramhorn style manifold.

How well do these ram mani's flow usually, and will a manifold like this help to reduce spool time at all over the CX mani?

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
ramhorn style is way better then the cx manifold i would def. suggest not using the cx manifold if you want 280-300whp.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Longer runner manifolds increase top end power. They are slower spooling than log manifolds.

They cant spool faster because of pv=nrt. Pressure, heat and velocity spool turbos.

So, p=nrt/v. assume the *temperature* is the same or close to. r and n will also be pretty similar in both cases aswell. volume is much smaller. lower volume=more pressure. Bam, log manifolds will spool faster. It just so happens that at the top end, your manifold needs to hold more volume to hold the amount of air being pushed by the engine thus causing a weaker top end.

·
Registered
379 Posts
ah, learn something new everyday :TU:

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
awsome, thanks a lot guys! wow, really good info.

Well im pretty sure i will get that ramhorn mani, cause it is 125 shipped, so thats pretty awsome.... Finally finding some good deals, so things are slowly but surely comming together

·
the hard-parker
4,257 Posts
whoa whoa whoa....who is this ramhorn made by......

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
not sure of the company, buying it used... Looks like everyother ram horn i have ever seen, and welds look good. Not SSAC if thats what youre wondering lol.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Munkyfud said:
not sure of the company, buying it used... Looks like everyother ram horn i have ever seen, and welds look good. Not SSAC if thats what youre wondering lol.
LoL....

yeah, watch its from SSAC.... i mean, that would suck for you but i'd die laughing.

i bet its not even the right manifold.... they said "cx-type manifold", and it will really be a clone of the skunk2 intake manifold... (this joke runs deep, hope someone gets it).

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Guy ended up selling it, but it was off HT. Prolly was a POS anyways.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts