Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may sound silly, but I was looking at headers for my all-out NA build (big cam, high compression, sidedraft carbs) and it struck me that those ramhorns for turbo applications have equal length primaries... If I were to cut off the flange, maybe get the pipes extended a bit, and get a merge collector welded on... wouldn't it be a nice NA header that gives a lot of ground clearance while not interfering with the P/S ?

Or should I quit :alky: ? :)

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Bisi doesn't allow for P/S, and it's not readily available over here. Importing means a +30% increase on the already steep price, since I'd go stainless.

Want to keep the P/S, because I'm probably going to be teaching someone to drive in it. :)

·
The Man, The myth, The legend
2003 Cadillac Esc.
181 Posts
Header designs are not as easy as lengths and collectors. The firing order of engines must be taken into account as well. My gen2 headers will have three options for the D enthusiast: street/strip, race, and pure street for those who desire to retain their a/c and p/s. It was very hard to make the latter produce similar power to the other units, but I recently finally got it.

Stay tuned to my site for updates on launch and pricing: www.bisimoto.com

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome news ! I was kind of hoping for P/S compatible Bisi's... I'll be in contact soon, by the way, if you don't mind. I've got this mystery cam I'd like some info/feedback on. ;)

On the original topic : if it's a 4-1 design, firing order doesn't matter all that much... does it ?

·
Registered
255 Posts
smsp looks cool

looks like equal length too..

but yeah a bit expensive

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I need the ground clearance too much, my ground clearance is only 2" or so measuring from the front crossmember down. I catch on gutters for crying out loud. :(

·
sub-sponsor
93 civic
5,175 Posts
The Bisi doesn't allow for P/S, and it's not readily available over here. Importing means a +30% increase on the already steep price, since I'd go stainless.

Want to keep the P/S, because I'm probably going to be teaching someone to drive in it. :)
power steering who use's that :***:
ditch the powersteering lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts